• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is it with Arsene Winger ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    The real story is that the so called "beautiful game" is so riddled with cheating, blatant abuse of game officials, plagued with tribal violence and bloated with cash that the actual sport is dead and buried, it died long ago. I'm not a fan, but there's so little integrity that it's utterly discredited.
    The problem is that diving has become so endemic, that it has become normal in certain cases. If there is slight contact, then a player will almost always tumble to the ground, even though it's quite possible for them to remain on their feet - and it's not even seen as cheating.

Part of the problem is that referees have been told that they can only punish diving if they are absolutely sure the player has cheated - something that is very, very difficult in the heat of the moment. It seems easier to convict someone of murder than to show that someone has dived.

Get referees hand out a yellow card everyone someone goes down easy - (even if there is contact) and you'll soon see strikers suddenly able to stay on two feet...

Comment

What centurian said (although I would miss the comedy replays of 'fouls')
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

A video review of each game with 10 match bans, £500,000 fine for the offending player and £5,000,000 fine for the club for each offence would stop it. Season long bans for abusing the officials too.

Comment

What's this? A celtic player cheating ? Surely not...

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Art...74159?UserKey=

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
            What's this? A celtic player cheating ? Surely not...

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Art...74159?UserKey=
            The Celtic player in question, McGeady, isn't Scottish so it doesn't count
            Cats are evil.

Comment

I see he is whinging again today. He is worse than a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                Its Ok..Ashley Young is English player ..he is permitted to dive..!!
                He's also a villa ****.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I see he is whinging again today. He is worse than a woman.
                  You still here?! I suggest should climb back over Hadrian's wall and return to watching the likes of Falkirk in the rain. Oh and the odd Europa Cup game, Thursday nights Channel 5. Jog on.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                  X