• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pork pie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My local butcher makes a great family size pork pie,
    crisp pastry, good quality well seasoned pork, not too much jelly makes the pie easily sliceable, I get one every Christmas but it never lasts more than an hour. I could eat one now

Scotch eggs are generally OK except when they fart in your face when you bite into them

My rule of thumb on meaty snacks is always go for the traditional butcher option rather than the petrol station variety

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a pork pie. Anyone here recently bought a pork pie tell me how much I should expect to pay?

Don't want to get ripped off.

Cheers,

DP
      Send your butler out to buy one on your behalf.

HTH
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Err, you haven't got a dental appointment, have you?
        on reflection, if that was you trying to be sarky, you need to get out more. my posts were meant in fun since the only person i know who uses that term [nom] is the 15 y/old daughter of girlie. if not, then please accept my apologies for being hyper-sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Only too well...

And the last two fillings lasted respectively one day and a fortnight.

Anyone know a decent dentist?

my current dentist charges like a wounded Rhino and his breath smells

Comment

I went downstairs to get a pork pie but they'd all been replaced with cheap samosas.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
              In my opinion the Melton Mowbrey is the prince of pies and you can expect to pay a hefty premium for such quality.
              Nah, Mrs King's from Borough market. Any pork pie that costs £5 wants to be good!
              We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
              - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
                on reflection, if that was you trying to be sarky, you need to get out more. my posts were meant in fun since the only person i know who uses that term [nom] is the 15 y/old daughter of girlie. if not, then please accept my apologies for being hyper-sensitive.
                You might want to take a closer look at VoodooFlux's posting history

Although he not the only offender
                Last edited by DaveB; 27 August 2009, 14:56.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

£5?
                  you'd get the whole pig for that in Burnley!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    You might want to take a closer look at VoodooFlux's posting history

Although he not the only offender
                    what is it with you guys? half of you are happy to post stuff that would curl the hair of an east end tart but as soon as a mod has a go at being funny, you line up to take a pop! frfs! gal!

oh, and

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
                      Nah, Mrs King's from Borough market. Any pork pie that costs £5 wants to be good!
                      I might check it out tomorrow. Is it traditional or has it been visitied by the fusion food mob? eg. Pork 'n Pesto or Pork 'n Wasabi

Comment

Working...
                      X