• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long to hear after interview.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to hear after interview.

Interviewed for a role last week.

Was hoping to hear on Friday, but so far no news.

What's the longest that anyone has waited for feedback.

Either they are taking their time (took weeks from CV submission to interview) , or I'm a "maybe" in case their preferred candidate doesn't accept.

Assuming that if it was a clear yes or no then they would have been in touch.

Anything from on the spot offer to a couple of weeks in my experience.

Keep looking just in case and good luck
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Just over one month and yes I was their first choice.

Comment

I've never had to wait more than 3 days. Never give up looking around until you have a signed contract. I'm still waiting to hear from an interview I did last September, I'm hoping it will come through.

Comment

My experience

I usually ask at the interview. If they say you'll hear either today or next couple of days, it usually means you're in with a shout. If you don't then hear anything within that time, it's normally bad news. If they say we've got other candidates to interview it's often bad news but not if they informed you that this would be the case before the interview. If they give a reasonable answer as to why you won't hear for a while, it means you're still in with a shout. If it takes a very long time to get back to you, it often means that there's been a disagreement between 2 interviewers as to your suitability. Can go either way but normally means disappointment.

Having recently had 2 jobs in the pipeline. The 1st role I applied for at start of July, had 1st interview last week of July, 2nd interview 1st week of July, 3rd interview last week. Am told that a decision will be made when the original interviewer returns from holiday next week. So that will be 2 weeks after 3rd interview and 5 weeks after 1st interview.

The other job, I had 1st interview on the Monday and 2nd interview on the Friday. Was told that I'd hear that day or next couple of days. On the following tuesday was rung by an agent telling me about the same job. It wasn't until yesterday (11 days after interview) that I was finally told I hadn't got the job.

Comment

It could be that you have not been successful and the agent cant be arsed to contact you. Sadly this does happen a lot.
            But good luck anyway
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MonzaMike View Post
              Interviewed for a role last week.

Was hoping to hear on Friday, but so far no news.

What's the longest that anyone has waited for feedback.

Either they are taking their time (took weeks from CV submission to interview) , or I'm a "maybe" in case their preferred candidate doesn't accept.

Assuming that if it was a clear yes or no then they would have been in touch.
              I assume that if I don't hear within 10 minutes of the interview, I haven't got it... I move on and if I get a phone call with an offer after that time frame, I'll always tell them that I will think about it before commiting... unless I am desparate for a role.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                Sadly this does happen all the time.

Comment

From my experience it depends on the client and the duration and urgency of the gig

if its a 3 month contract to fill an immediate requirement they wont want to hang about,

big organisations normally move slowly

normally (especially in this climate) agents are very proactive not to lose a candidate who has been approved at interview, they dont want you take another offer and dont want another agency filling the role with a better candidate. Id chase them particularly if interview was face to face

good luck

Comment

Longest I have "waited" is about 3 and half months

Quotes around waited because of course I did not actually wait that long and laughed at agent when he called to offer position

Normally though if you have not heard in about 24/48 hours you have not got the position.

Little need to chase agent because if he does not call you, either he has not heard from client or you have been turned down, if client wants you agent would be calling you within 30secs of knowing
                    Last edited by Not So Wise; 26 August 2009, 15:29.

Comment

Working...
                    X