• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how come the turnaround happened so quick?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DieScum View Post

Surely it will take another shock like Lehmans going down to kick off something again.
    Or the Fed being audited. Where did the bailout money ACTUALLY go .....

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Or the Fed being audited. Where did the bailout money ACTUALLY go .....

Well, funny you should say that Bloomberg: Court Orders Fed to Disclose Emergency Bank Loans
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Well, funny you should say that Bloomberg: Court Orders Fed to Disclose Emergency Bank Loans
        Shortly after the bailout there is a lot of activity with the fed buying huge quanties of OTC derivatives.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          yup seems pretty spot on to me!
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Having read the Telegraph article is strkes me as being a somewhat curious example of sour grapes as the Economic recovery gathers momentum so does Labours prospects of retaining power - much to the chargin of the Telegraph and its backers.

The author - and apparently some on this board - would prefer that our Economy failed - rather than prospered - so they can smugly say 'See ? I told you so .'

To the author of this article - I would leave him to reflect on an old Texas saying ' If you're so smart - how come you ain't Rich ? '
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 26 August 2009, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              Having read the Telegraph article is strkes me as being ac cusious example of sour grapes as the Economic recovery gathers momentum so does Labours prospects of retaining power - much to the annoyance of the Telegraph.

The author - and some on this board - would prefer that our Economy falied - rather than prospered so they can smugly say 'See ? I told you so .'
              Even if the economy recovered Labour have no chance IMO
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                To the author of this article - I would leave him to reflect on an old Texas saying ' If you're so smart - how come you ain't Rich ? '
                I doubt very much if he's living on the breadline...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Halligan
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Well you go fast, low gear, sharp turn of the wheel and apply the handbrake.
                  Next.
                  Bored.

Comment

Working...
                  X