• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extennnnshun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    What?!!!!!

It's only been a year hasn't it?!!!

Sal, I didnt say marry, I said move in with. Right now I live in Manchester, work in Munich and gf chef lives in Cologne. I spend virtually every weekend with her anyway so in effect it means re-directing my post and taking some essential living items ( my pans and knives ) to Cologne.

The general plan is for me to keep my place in Manchester and live in Cologne at her place 'til some time early new year ish as sort of a trial "lets see" idea. Assuming all is good then we'd look at getting somewhere a bit better (it's a bit studenty for my liking) in a nicer neighbourhood.

Engagement, marraige, kids are not on the cards. Well so she'd like me to believe but what she says and what she thinks long term are very different but hey ho, she's female so it's expected, body clock and all that, i'll wait for her to broach that subject and answer accordingly.

Yes, we have had sex before marraige and we will be living together out of wedlock
    Last edited by chef; 25 August 2009, 13:22.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Germany for and against

germany is home to the techno viking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1nzEFMjkI4

Who needs any other reason to go and live there
      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
        germany is home to the techno viking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1nzEFMjkI4

Who needs any other reason to go and live there
        ahh the techo viking
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          but there are a LOT of other things that, for me, make it a much better place-
          I'm a big admirer of Germany. Used to go out with a girl from Bochum. As you point out, people take pride in not treating the streets as a rubbish tip. And you can be out all hours as bars will open until 4 or 5 am. My impression is they have social cohesion/responsibility we seem to have lost; particularly apparent in cities. Every German I've met whilst travelling outside of Europe has been thoroughly decent.

Comment

Look, we all know Germany is great and the UK is cr@p. Do you really think we're here out of choice?

Comment

Working...
            X