• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

North West London accom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Hi all,

I want to spend as little as possible on my digs when I'm in London although I do want to stay somewhere clean and safe.

I had just assumed I'd get a hotel, but I'm starting to think a flat share may be cheaper?

Does anyone have any ideas of best places to stay/best flat sharing websites/cheap hotels, etc in the Earls Court area.

I'd only be staying Monday to Friday.

Cheers,
    Sal
    Monday to Thursday surely if you're commuting back home for the w/ends?

Or does monday to friday factor in a friday night piss up in London?

Seriously, it depends where in London you're working. Earls Court is OK, but would be quite tricky and time consuming to get to, say, Greenwich or Lewisham.

There are other cheap fairly central and not too naff areas, like Camden Town, or for that matter even more central like Bloomsbury of Pimlico. There must be loads of people rattling around in large central terraced houses, for example, who would be eager to rent a room cheaply, cash in hand ("no tax please, we're British"), to a professional female.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

backlight I used to live in Earls Court, it was ok, but a bit busy and a few to many hotels around. All of the Aussie's et al. have moved further west as SW5 has become too expensive.

I would suggest Maida Vale/Warwick Avenue, Swiss Cottage (east of Finchley Rd), West Hampstead, Belsize Park or Hampstead.
      +1

Comment

Whats the point in spending all the money earned on accomodation?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
          I have seen this before too, I believe that during the application process they have gleaned enough information from you to pick up the transfer from the transfer agency. So you transfer the money, then they pick it up and you lose the money, or since they have a copy of the reciept they can go and pretend to be you and "cancel" the transfer.
          Originally posted by mace View Post
          Correct, in order to pick up the money from the money transfer agency, you just need the receipt and proof of id (which is easy for them to create).
          Thanks SS and mace.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Whats the point in spending all the money earned on accomodation?
            I couldn't agree more!

I want somewhere clean and safe...but then as cheap as possible.

I've possibly got a flat share sorted in Earls Court. £450 per month. Sharing with a young gay professional couple (male). They like a drink, AND they have a cleaner! Perfect!
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by mace
              Problem with gay couples is that they won't take too kindly to you bringing your bf back. Not sure that I would sleep well wondering what the noises from next door where.
              What a ridiculous thing to say
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by mace
                Problem with gay couples is that they won't take too kindly to you bringing your bf back. Not sure that I would sleep well wondering what the noises from next door where.
                I'm sure* the sound of a bloke giving a blow is the same as a woman giving a blow.

*obviously, being married I've no experience of either
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  I couldn't agree more!

I want somewhere clean and safe...but then as cheap as possible.

I've possibly got a flat share sorted in Earls Court. £450 per month. Sharing with a young gay professional couple (male). They like a drink, AND they have a cleaner! Perfect!
                  Nice one Sal.
                  Hope the clearance comes through doubletime.

Just don't end up like this statistic from gumtree.

Comment

Newham or Millwall?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                      Nice one Sal.
                      Hope the clearance comes through doubletime.

Just don't end up like this statistic from gumtree.
                      From the article:

The car's true owner was unaware it had been offered for sale. Two men have been arrested by police and given bail.
                      Sigh
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X