• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Scots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't think they are stupid, I just think they are wrong in this case.
    The Scots have shown a great deal of compasion here, but IMHO it is misplaced.
    Some inmates may be deserving of our compasion but some should be shown no mercy.

Assumption: The conviction was safe.
    I do think he should be shown compassion. That would be giving him the best treatment we can in a secure hosptal or hospice, not freeing him.

BTW I am having trouble with the idea that there is any connection between compassion for a dying man and the safety of his conviction.

Comment

Before I make up my mind about this some questions:
      What are the facts as to the safety of his conviction? Anyone know?
      And where are all the other people involved in the bombing?
      Was he the only person convicted?
      Was Gaddafi implicated or not?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's interesting to think that if we had had the death penalty, five minutes before he swung we would have to shout 'oh no he's only got a few minutes to live, lets free him on compassionate grounds'

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Before I make up my mind about this some questions:
          What are the facts as to the safety of his conviction? Anyone know?And where are all the other people involved in the bombing?
          Was he the only person convicted?
          Was Gaddafi implicated or not?
          They found baby clothes that they thought were in the suitcase next to the bomb so they traced them to a shop that sold them in malta ages before the bombing, where the owner though that Al Megrahi might have bought them.

And he got 2 million to testify.

I think that says it all.

Comment

Hmmm this article raises some interesting points:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...l-1772156.html

CyberCock once again proves what an ignorant and shallow knob he is.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              They found baby clothes that they thought were in the suitcase next to the bomb so they traced them to a shop that sold them in malta ages before the bombing, where the owner though that Al Megrahi might have bought them.

Add to that that he identified Megrahi eleven years after having sold him the clothes and that he had been shown a photo of him a few days prior to identifying him.

There is a Private Eye report you can download for a fiver that makes for interesting reading, or you can view some snippets here: http://lockerbiecase.blogspot.com/20...acy-files.html

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

If he is innocent he should be pardoned. Not released on compassionate grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I agree, but I doubt he would have survived long enough.

Comment

I wonder if we're about to see the greatest recovery since Ernest Saunders...

Comment

He was released in exchange for dropping his appeal against conviction.
                      Not officially of course.
                      The more I read the more I see this guy is a scapegoat fall-guy.
                      Something believed by some families of the British victims, who are now hoping his release can allow an enquiry to find out what really happened.
                      Last edited by sasguru; 21 August 2009, 10:03.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X