• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying on this forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That confused me too - I'm pretty sure I count as a geek, and I can do the Shipping Forecast damn well if I have to
    I just meant that we might have been all of those things but it didn't matter cos we all got on and didn't stereotype each other... hmmmnn maybe I wasn't makng sense?

Well in CM world - it was all perfectly sensible!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Christmas I guess

I think the late summer do idea died a bit of a death!
      Looking forward to Xmas!

I have promised not to get so.. errr.. excited this time, however and stay a bit more sober

...and end the evening still owning shoes.... (never did remember where I left them)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Looking forward to Xmas!

I have promised not to get so.. errr.. excited this time, however and stay a bit more sober

...and end the evening still owning shoes.... (never did remember where I left them)

Yep, I'd like to get to the end of the evening still wearing some too!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I'd like to spend the evening not carrying someone elses...

Comment

I'll just have to buy one-off New Look specials...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

BPP : Why would any of us apologize?
              It's called "humility" and being proven wrong, and having the courage and conviction to apologise for being nasty and doubting someone.

Or is this an old-fashioned ideal now ?
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                It's called "humility" and being proven wrong, and having the courage and conviction to apologise for being nasty and doubting someone.

Or is this an old-fashioned ideal now ?
                Its definetly old fashioned

HTH

Comment

Yes...

There is too much bullying on this site and too many sactamonious (sp) up their own asses, posters.

However those of us who have met know that each of us is actually ok, not a bully or a geek or an eyeliner wearing wierdo or a posh shipping forecaster or a hairy trucker among us.

It's when people mouth off and make accusations and assumptions that we have problems

Oh and inappropriate use of smilies does (amongst other things) make me think you are a cretin!
                  I blame the newbies. It was much better when we had those coffee-keyboard interface moments and the forum was genuinely laugh-out-loud funny.

of course, it was all fields round here then.......
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

primeval forest shirley?

Comment

Working...
                    X