• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bullying on this forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Is it even possible to bully someone virtually? Is calling CyberCretin a cretin, bullying or merely descriptive? Is threating violence a la Churchy, bullying?

I don't think you can bully someone on a forum, they can always leave.

What does the congregation think?
    <Guy Ritchie Gangster Mode>
    Oi, muppet, you carry on like this, you'll wish you hadn't.
    If you wanna be counting the fingers, you haven't got .....
    </Guy Ritchie Gangster Mode>

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      CM - Is this a reference to Xeno?
      If so, is that why he no longer posts on here? What gives?
      I hope not. I really miss Xeno.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Just because a forum may have its own "banter" specific to that forum, does not necessarily mean that any written comments which harass, threaten or upset anyone are protected from legal jurisprudience.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          bloggers beware

A US court has ordered Google to hand over the identity of a blogger who used her website to defame Liskula Cohen, a former Vogue cover girl. What does the ruling mean for the blogosphere?
          seems web anonymity may be a thing of the past
          Don't use a US based hosting provider? Let's face it, even a bit of sound technical advice could be dangerous when hosted in a nation which sues for coffee being too hot.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Just because a forum may have its own "banter" specific to that forum, does not necessarily mean that any written comments which harass, threaten or upset anyone are protected from legal jurisprudience.
            oh yeah, right, just dont try it - you'll never take me alive copper
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              You'd have a very hard time getting a sucessful prosecution under S5 public order act, which is what I believe you are refering to. Given that this banter happens all the time a precedent for "normality" has been set, and you can always stop posting if you don't like it here.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Sorry.

Who's being bullied, and who's doing the bullying exactly?

It's a bit confusing when you're not in the know.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

sasguru said I was a sad tw@t with no friends and a big nose.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Well, I'm sure you are, but that doesn't mean we don't all love you.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I love you, you big nosed twat
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X