• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear (Scientific)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Personaly I blame all the wind farms for slowing it down in the first place.

I like threadeds idea and it would be so pretty.

We would not have to stay ther if we tip toed back surely?
    No the exact opposite. If we ran there with our arms above our heads and then crawled back on our bellies. It's be a bit like an ice skater spinning and them bringing her arms in closer.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Surely the esiest way would be to just move everything under ground and demolish anything on the surface more than say 12" high. This would drastacally reduce drag due to wind resistance and allow the natural rotation of the core, which is faster than the surface mantle, to bring the rest of the world back up to speed.

An added bonus to this approach is that we will all be living in ready made fortified underground cities when the Rise Of The Machines finally takes place and AI governed robot warriors attempt to wipe out the human race.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        No the exact opposite. If we ran there with our arms above our heads and then crawled back on our bellies. It's be a bit like an ice skater spinning and them bringing her arms in closer.
        Oh, I rather fancied living a mile west. That's in Aston Clinton.

Can I swap with someone who wants to move one mile east?

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
          Oh, I rather fancied living a mile west. That's in Aston Clinton.

Can I swap with someone who wants to move one mile east?
          But they have to be shorter and lighter and when you meet each other going west you have to climb over them.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If we shaved of about an inch of top soil across the globe., wouldn't that make the earth smaller, and therefore rotate faster?? eh! eh!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
              If we shaved of about an inch of top soil across the globe., wouldn't that make the earth smaller, and therefore rotate faster?? eh! eh!
              If we all run in the same direction, would it turn the earth into a big tread mill?
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

I'd like to slow down the Earth so much so that it stops. But we need to time it right so that it stops at 9pm in the UK, which I reckon is the best time of the day. Bars still open, work finished.
                Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Maybe we should ask these people, they managed to stop the earth so perhaps they'd know how to speed it up as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                    I'd like to slow down the Earth so much so that it stops. But we need to time it right so that it stops at 9pm in the UK, which I reckon is the best time of the day. Bars still open, work finished.

But we would all fall of!!!

Comment

If the earth slows down then doesn't that mean our weight effectively drops? That can only be a good thing eh Sandy Down or Rebecca Loos?

Obviously us blokes don't care about that - only if our penises get bigger!!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                      X