• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

While my tattoo gently weeps...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Chavs wear clothes too, but chavy clothes. This board can be very small minded and conservative (small c) sometimes. It's like the bloody WI
    Quite! I have a few tattoo's and don't think I'm chavvy, but I guess they are v mainstream now. I think it all depends v much on what and where the tattoo is!
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Chavs wear clothes too, but chavy clothes. This board can be very small minded and conservative (small c) sometimes. It's like the bloody WI
      Constant tutting and references to chutney - yep I see your point.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        A lot of the guys in my commando squadron had tattoos. I don't think they were "Chavs".

But hey, any of you guys want to call me a chav or my significant other a tramp or a slag at the next CUK meet up then go ahead.
        That was ironic, right?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          That was ironic, right?
          Think I'm going to turn up just in case someone does try insulting Churchill or CM.
          Bring a crash helmet
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            That was ironic, right?
            We'll see.

Comment

L40 Grandmaster Wizard Churchy wrote : His narrow mindedness is a shame? Nope, to be expected. He's the first to get uppity when people react in a way that he doesn't like when he's dressed the way he does. I thought he was broad-minded, obviously only when it suits him. Oh well.
              Funnily enough, I've never had any problems when dressed in my going out gear, a few strange looks sometimes, but nothing to make me uppity as such.

I think you'll find that people are generally broad-minded and tolerant in some things and not in others.

I for example, was quite negatively taken aback by your breathtakingly misogynistic arrogance with regards to Women joining the Masons (apart from a few token clubs paying "lip service").

I honestly thought I'd stepped back to the Dark Ages.

Then I realised that the Masons were founded in those times, by misogynistic and cranky old men and I thought to myself, "Well, everyone's got to have a hobby, I suppose", and left it at that.

As I said, I think you will find that narrow-mindedness and intolerance is alive and kicking in most homosapiens to one degree or another, and whilst I thank you for pointing out one of mine, I felt it only fair to highlight one of yours.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Think I'm going to turn up just in case someone does try insulting Churchill or CM.
                Bring a crash helmet
                Me too - I'll stand in front of you, insult Churchill, and then duck
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Oh give it up with the attention seeking will you? Oooh look at my car... Oooh look at my bird... oooh I've got a tat.

NGAS now f**k off, seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
                    Oh give it up with the attention seeking will you? Oooh look at my car... Oooh look at my bird... oooh I've got a tat.

NGAS now f**k off, seriously!
                    Huh??

Who mentioned cars or birds? Perhaps you should read the thread again.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I am surprised by BGG.
                      Considering his apparent "alternative" life style and all that that entails I would have expected him to be a lot more accepting, even appreciative of peoples body art and piercings. After all it is them making a statement about their life style choices.

I agree that chavs have somewhat undermined the world of tattoos, but tats have been around a lot longer than chavs.
                      I appreciate good tats even if they are on chavs.
                      I am assuming BGG does not aprove of lip nose tongue and eyebrow piercings either as they are also soooooo chav.

I would like to invite all those who have shouted chav to attend next years Rebellion punk festival in Blackpool with me where we can make your opinion known to the 5000 (ap) attendees.
                      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                      X