• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    learning-replicating-self-aware-neural-networks-living-in-the-sky

they will do all your work

DOOMED!!!
    Neural networks are old hat now - The flavour of the month is support vector machines

They may even have a role in quantum mechanics, via reproducing kernel Hilbert spaces, although having asked about this on a physics forum I wasn't exactly snowed under with replies
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Kissing butt will always be a leading technology
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Neural networks are old hat now - The flavour of the month is support vector machines

They may even have a role in quantum mechanics, via reproducing kernel Hilbert spaces, although having asked about this on a physics forum I wasn't exactly snowed under with replies
        With the greatest respect - bollocks. Tools for the job and atm they serve very well.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          With the greatest respect - bollocks.

I think that has to be the best riposte that I have ever heard. I shall be looking for the opportunity to use it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            With the greatest respect - bollocks. Tools for the job and atm they serve very well.
            ok - I was just spewing buzzwords. I have no idea about programming.
            But it seems I got some of it right.
            Perhaps I am management material then
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Make your own future.

All you need is an idea (not being half-baked can help but is far from essential), and a good, well funded, marketing plan.

Armed with that, the world is your lobster and Bob's your teapot.

Simples.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Programming GPGPU (general purpose graphical processing units) systems is the next big thing. 1000 cored "supercomputers" (in today's parlance) will be ubiquitous in 2-3 years. Goodle Nvidia Tesla.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Did anyone else think of The West Wing when they saw the title of this thread?
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                    .. P.S. Also, I found it rather hard to parse your last sentence above, even trying to guess a typo, specifically the bit about "Tests for the job and atm".
                    Aha, sussed it. The 24 hour rule strikes yet again - Come across some bizarre or novel word, or hear some obscure person's name mentioned, and there's every chance you'll encounter the same within 24 hours. I've encountered it dozens of times.

Anyway, someone at clientco used "atm" in an email today, and from the context I sussed that it stands for "at the moment".
                    Last edited by OwlHoot; 20 August 2009, 21:26.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

VMware dont tell anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X