• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most boring place in the world ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Brockville, Ontario.

A 'city' of about 20,000 and 2hrs from civilisation (Ottawa or Toronto)

If you don't play ice-hockey or shoot stuff the locals have no conversation.

Oh, and the bars shut at about 9:30pm.
    The Pas Manitoba. A town of 3,500 and if you don't fish, hunt, snowmobile or play ice hockey...ain't nothing going on. Brilliant lake just a few miles away though, sand bottom, ultra clear water.

I grew up there. Only excitement are the fights between drunks each night.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Bracknell - no contest
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Edmonton. The one in Canada, not north London, although that might not be very interesting either.

Comment

Re: Most boring place in the world ...

Which world?

Threaded

Comment

I see Canada is rating pretty high.

Toronto is boring. As the saying goes "Toronto is like New York designed by the Swiss".

Vancouver however, brilliant place! Just wish I could get back there

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I know we moan about good old Blighty but it's generally a pretty interesting (OK infuriating, annoying) place - apart from real boresvilles like Swindon.
              What's the most boring place you've ever lived in?
              For me it has to be Basel, Switzerland. And the Swiss have to be the dullest people in the world (especially in the German part).
              I agree on Basel.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Esch, Luxembourg. Makes Zurich feel like Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

Toronto is boring. As the saying goes "Toronto is like New York designed by the Swiss".

I enjoyed Toronto and would definitely live there given the chance.

Never been to Vancouver but have heard good things from those that have.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

Blackburn is dead boring as well. I once took a visiting friend into town for a coffee at 5pm. All the coffee shops had closed and every pub we went into either didn't serve coffee or had something wrong with their machine. We ended up at ASDA.

Last time there was excitment was when a batsman hit a six on to the road at the cricket club. That was three months back.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      The Pas Manitoba. A town of 3,500 and if you don't fish, hunt, snowmobile or play ice hockey...ain't nothing going on. Brilliant lake just a few miles away though, sand bottom, ultra clear water.

I grew up there. Only excitement are the fights between drunks each night.
                      fish, hunt, snowmobile and hockey....and beautiful lakes.... Sounds terrible....

I second Bracknell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! ahh

Comment

Working...
                      X