• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Usain Bolt sets new 100m world record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    - Women's heptathlon is a minor event in comparison to the mens 100 metres.
    - 95% of the population have never heard of Jessica Ennis
    - He set a world record, she won an arbitrary event
    - She should have got a mention near the end of the athletics bit.
    Possibly, but she's well fit
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Amazing. I've just been told why our gold medal winner is not worth even mentioning on BBC Radio news. You miserable tiny-minded pusillanimous gits, some of you deserve what you have made of this once great country.

Disgusted.......
      Cheer up. She was on the telly.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Guy I feel sorry for is Tyson Gay. You run your best ever race, you set your own all time personal best and a new national record, you've done the third fastest time in history over 100m - and you lost by two metres...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Bolts training partner is under investigation but Jamaican WADA for drug abuse (with as yet uncategorised substance).

No smoke without fire.

Fact is a fair athlete on drugs will beat a very good athlete who is clean as improves performance by around 30%. Are we saying that Bolt is 2 meters better than a dirty athlete who is performing at 130% I think not.

Or are we saying all of the sprint athletes are clean, again I think not.

Therefore the likelihood is Bolt is dirty IMHO
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

The jury is still out as far as I am concerned. Drug testing in Jamaica is less stringent than elsewhere due to funding issues, and some of his team plus his actual trainer are under suspicion even with those tests.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...tive-drug-test

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Is that good?
              According to my guess-timation that's an average of 23.4mph!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                According to my guess-timation that's an average of 23.4mph!

Allowing for acceleration from zero, his top speed is around 30mph. However, he could not maintain that for very much longer than 100 metres.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                  Bolts training partner is under investigation but Jamaican WADA for drug abuse (with as yet uncategorised substance).

No smoke without fire.

Fact is a fair athlete on drugs will beat a very good athlete who is clean as improves performance by around 30%. Are we saying that Bolt is 2 meters better than a dirty athlete who is performing at 130% I think not.

Or are we saying all of the sprint athletes are clean, again I think not.

Therefore the likelihood is Bolt is dirty IMHO
                  Are you saying Tyson Gay is on drugs? I've missed that on the news.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    Are you saying Tyson Gay is on drugs? I've missed that on the news.
                    No I am saying that to suppose that the ENTIRE field is drugs free is perhaps optimistic. Therefore Bolt is beating a dirty athlete by AT LEAST 30% and 2 metres.

Wow
                    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                      No I am saying that to suppose that the ENTIRE field is drugs free is perhaps optimistic. Therefore Bolt is beating a dirty athlete by AT LEAST 30% and 2 metres.

Wow
                      All athletes are not created equal. That much is true.

Comment

Working...
                      X