• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

invoice charges?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniff, sniff. I smell fresh meat.

Originally posted by cv65user View Post
    why do i always get a sarcastic answer.
    Because you are in a position you created for yourself. You decided to go contracting, did insufficient research, got stung, come to us for advice when you are the one with the information to answer your own question, and now it's our fault.

As already suggested, read the terms of your agreement with your umbrella. See if it says anything about charges and notice periods for changes.

But any more info to become LTD like yourselves is much appreciated .
    Are you having trouble finding such information? Can you see any relevant links on the web page you are reading?

For future reference, writing without capitals or correct punctuation makes you look sloppy and careless. Then, when you ask a question to the effect of "I was sloppy and careless, what should I do differently?", do not be surprised when the responses suggest "Look inside yourself".
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

if you wasnt so stuck up, you may have known no companies are taking on permanent and only employing people as contractors at the moment due to the current climate . this is why i am an contractor. but having experienced contracting for the nature of the job i am in . i am in no better position then a permanent employee as the current role depends on customer leased contracts , so i would be here for the length of the lease anyway / likewise with a permanent employee. this is the primary reason why i opt for contract position as i get a higher pay rate .

get over the grammer/punctuation .you clearly aint dyslexic or maybe you admitting you are . had you a brain , the human brian fills in missing information - this is what its there for . so use it .

the questions i ask are for clarification only and i dont need flaming from a bunch of c o c k s.

well not me submitting invoice , maybe i got it wrong . i meant i submit hour sheet and its the umbrella company that invoices the client . parasoul and the likes charge about 30 per week. so i you are already looking around £90 pcm if times by average 4 weeks in a month so yeah thats the norm i beleive.

Comment

It's a standard charge that Umbrella companies make for the whole issuing invoices to agency, handling payroll for the contractor, managing expenses, providing insurances etc stuff of running a business some charge a small percentage, some a fixed charge per payroll run.

Don't forget that the umbrella company fees are tax deductible and subtracted before any tax and employee NI is charged so you're not paying the whole lot.

Comment

i dont need flaming from a bunch of c o c k s.
          We desperately need a penis smiley that spews forth fire. Meanwhile, link.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

if you wasnt so stuck up, you may have known no companies are taking on permanent and only employing people as contractors at the moment due to the current climate . this is why i am an contractor. but having experienced contracting for the nature of the job i am in . i am in no better position then a permanent employee as the current role depends on customer leased contracts , so i would be here for the length of the lease anyway / likewise with a permanent employee. this is the primary reason why i opt for contract position as i get a higher pay rate .

get over the grammer/punctuation .you clearly aint dyslexic or maybe you admitting you are . had you a brain , the human brian fills in missing information - this is what its there for . so use it .

the questions i ask are for clarification only and i dont need flaming from a bunch of c o c k s.

well not me submitting invoice , maybe i got it wrong . i meant i submit hour sheet and its the umbrella company that invoices the client . parasoul and the likes charge about 30 per week. so i you are already looking around £90 pcm if times by average 4 weeks in a month so yeah thats the norm i beleive.
            Who's Brian?

Just trying to preserve standards around here as we don't want it turning into Yahoo answers, we are supposed to be professional after all.
            Last edited by gingerjedi; 15 August 2009, 13:07.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

cv65user, you ever hang around a gymnasium?
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Incidentally writing in decent, adequately punctuated English is basic good manners.
                When it's apparent that you don't understand even the basics of contracting don't be surprised if you get a few ascerbic comments.
                For that matter many posters on CUK regard Umbrella companies as something that only utter fools use (misguided in my opinion). When it's obvious that you don't understand at even a superficial level what you've signed up for when you started to work via an umbrella then you are begging to shot at.

Comment

i see the point now. a war between permies and contractors , and then contractors between LTDs.

so i have to deal with crap from permies and now LTDs who think they are more superior because they are trading under a name . i will move a step up then . but at least my head wont go further into my bum hole .

ginge, brian is your other parent , you was conceived by two gay guys . what else do you think i was referring to

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    Incidentally writing in decent, adequately punctuated English is basic good manners.
                    When it's apparent that you don't understand even the basics of contracting don't be surprised if you get a few ascerbic comments.
                    For that matter many posters on CUK regard Umbrella companies as something that only utter fools use (misguided in my opinion). When it's obvious that you don't understand at even a superficial level what you've signed up for when you started to work via an umbrella then you are begging to shot at.
                    well pure reason to go with umbrella is =
                    permanent employee 15 pr hr
                    agency = 18 pr hr
                    or via umbrella = 22 pr hr

you tell me what should i have chosen. even with a £80 admin fee a month i am still making more then a permanent / agency employee . so it covered the costs .

Comment

well pure reason to go with umbrella is =
                      permanent employee 15 pr hr
                      agency = 18 pr hr
                      or via umbrella = 22 pr hr

you tell me what should i have chosen. even with a £80 admin fee a month i am still making more then a permanent / agency employee . so it covered the costs .
                      So you don't have the ability to search for basic information, you're too lazy to check your spelling and can't be bothered with punctuation, you think running a Ltd is purely for the name, you also have temping confused with contracting.

All that and you insult me too, you won't get far in life with that attitude.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X