• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

V Festival 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    ah me.

my first festival was donnington monsters of rock in 82.
    Ah, the younger generation.

Comment

that's right. out the way old man. here comes the new wave!
      Last edited by DS23; 13 August 2009, 15:56. Reason: grrrrrr

Comment

ah me.

my first festival was donnington monsters of rock in 82

we arrived and bought goodies (t-shirts, posters and the like) and sat down bofore the first act hit the stage. when anvil emerged everyone stood up and there was a gentle surge to the front. we had laid everything down around us and made a group split decision to go with the flow and return to our little pile at the end of the set.

idiots.

at the end of the set it appeared that 50000 people had surged fowrard and were refusing to step backwards. we had no idea where our stuff was anymore. lost everything. doh!

nevermind. we sat down, made friends with a chap called muff who passed us a bottle of something very dark and strong. i asked him why he was calle muff. he just raised an eybrow and snorted at me.

anvil and bottles of piss. that was some battle! i only got hit once or twice.
        just listened to my first anvil

crap
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          oh gods... its V time again? remind me not to go into town (lots of teens in wellies & shorts trying to get beer) go any where near Hylands park (the traffic is HORRENDOUS in fact I might just take BGG & go away for the weekend
          what time will the traffic start getting all crapola? is it best to get there v early and wait or arrive late and breeze in?

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            just listened to my first anvil

crap
            agreed. very crap.

Comment

what time will the traffic start getting all crapola? is it best to get there v early and wait or arrive late and breeze in?
              Dunno about V, but usually festival traffic gets worse in the evening as people leave work, and if you leave it too late you have to struggle with putting a tent up in the dark, which can be a tricky proposition - especially if it starts raining.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I'll be heading up to the Weston Park venue; better line up than last year, same weather though I recon.
                B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
                  I'll be heading up to the Weston Park venue; better line up than last year, same weather though I recon.

Weston Park is also the better venue. The one down south has bloody trees in front of the main stage and is smaller, no fun fair and no Friday night indie disco

Havent been V since 2007... Glasto is the only one I go to now...

Comment

1st festival Stonehenge 1984
                    Last festival: Rock In Rio 2001
                    Best festival: Trewargey Tree Fayre. 1989 ish.

Comment

Take a gazebo and setup all the tents around it. Everyone will want to come to your party. (The music stops at 12 and we found 1 beer tent open till 2am).

Dont setup camp downhill or downwind from the porta-lavs unless you like the smell and sound of a nice current of tulip running under and in your tent.

Setup the tents by the fences so its easier to find in the dark. There are 000's of tents and when you are hanging they all look the same.

Take a torch so you can see the cables the tents are fixed into the ground with in the dark.

As with the loos, the showers are rank!!! We took a 5 gallon water can so we could shower army style. The ladies seem to like watching it too. :-)

Get there early. You will get a decent pitch for the tent that isnt 3km's from the action.
                      Last edited by Mailman_1; 13 August 2009, 16:15. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                      X