• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If your no good at anything, get a public sector role and dumb yourself down.
    Looks like you've done that already.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I've had to order 3x special heavy duty tuliptie sticks in order to beat off the hordes of agents beating down my door with mind blowing offers.

Honest like.
      We believe you
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Good point - agents could be using age as another 'filter' in this buyers market. I also don't put my age on there but, luckily, I'm still the right side of 40.

How old are you Dim?
        Low 40's.

Comment

Hey guys - why not just learn something that's common as tulip (like Excel) inside out. Then get any office job going, for the time being, at whatever rate.
          Surely that's better than not working.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Nothing you can do can get you a job if there just aren't any there.

..but au contraire ...

Nothing you can do that can't be done - nowhere you can be that isnt where your meant to be ... its easy ...

Aye Expat

Then my esteemed fellow countryman I will ask my Guardian Angel to generate whatever your hearts desire may be - there - and before I even completed my request for you - 'Tis Done.

I promise you a Miracle .

Alf's Guardian Angel
            Always knew
            What to Do
            And where to Go
            Next
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 August 2009, 13:33.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Hey guys - why not just learn something that's common as tulip (like Excel) inside out. Then get any office job going, for the time being, at whatever rate.
              Surely that's better than not working.
              I'm still waiting outside. NOW.

Comment

Are the X factor auditions still going on ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
                  I'm still waiting outside. NOW.
                  I was being serious. I would get any old job to tide myself over this downturn.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I was being serious. I would get any old job to tide myself over this downturn.

Booming economy with rampant stock markets, City bonuses, house price rises.

Comment

I'll be on the market in 6 weeks, looks like I might have to get involved with all this linkedIn pish going about these days as most of my regular agents have nothing in the bag for me. Might get an extension here, rather do nothing to be honest, play with my new Fender Rhodes.

Comment

Working...
                      X