• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO Mods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    While we're at it, please can I get a password reset for my test please delete sockie? I've forgotten it
    Yeah. Same here for the atw account.......

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      The clincher was yesterday when the user forgot to log out from the Payload Bollington account and posted a chetty reply.
      That was a bad mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Yeah, right.

You're spoiling the board with your silly creations.
        And which creations would these be?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
          I thought it was a bit of harmless fun.

Unless someone is really spamming the forum I don't see the problem.

I thought Chetty and Payload were amusing and pleasantly obvious.

I'm sure the forum will now go back to being extremely serious and professional now.
          Quite, couldn't agree more - I was finding that a lot of threads (even so callled serious ones) were descending into crassness way before chetty and Payload arrived on the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            We don't mean you, obviously. You're ironically not a sockpuppet.
            Ahhhh

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              have banned both these users now.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
                I thought it was a bit of harmless fun.

Unless someone is really spamming the forum I don't see the problem.

I thought Chetty and Payload were amusing and pleasantly obvious.

I'm sure the forum will now go back to being extremely serious and professional now.
                I don't see how peurile and unfunny trolling sockpuppets are a bit of harmless fun. The only people that find them actually amusing are the owners who get some weird measure of self worth by covering up their already disgused main alias.

Mind you I will never understand why people have the urge to create a sockpuppet in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  I don't see how peurile and unfunny trolling sockpuppets are a bit of harmless fun. The only people that find them actually amusing are the owners who get some weird measure of self worth by covering up their already disgused main alias.

Mind you I will never understand why people have the urge to create a sockpuppet in the first place.
                  I don't have any problem with a little bit of sockpuppetry for comic purposes.

Bob Shawadiwadi was hilarious and his creator knew when to stop and not labour it.

I am going to sound like a creep now but I have seen a number of "problem" posters come and go over the years and do have confidence that Administrator plays god at the right level.

Trolling sockpuppets should not last long IMO but I would point out that I have seen more offensive stuff from people who were serious.
                  Last edited by Gonzo; 12 August 2009, 01:27.

Comment

Thanks admin.

If you started taking a cut from billable hours frittered on CUK you'd be very wealthy indeed!

Originally posted by HornyHorse
                    Well I'm glad them 2 are gone

Right.

Comment

Speaking as the rude, patronising and arrogant git that I truly am, I have nothing but praise for the admin's obcious wisdom in letting me stay...

Interesting point, actually. Is, for example, Malvolio a sockpuppet? Those who know me personally would never suggest I am anything like Malvolio OK, I can be a bit patronising. And perhaps a little arrogant on occasions. And... oh bugger...
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X