• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Baby P's Killers' Identity Legally Disclosed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I know what you mean - Maybe, as the Mail article says, it's just that the 80% don't know what to do, their brain goes into a loop, and they either freeze or irrationally go about their normal business.

Even having a vague idea about what you would do in such a situation would help to snap you out of inaction - sounds like the book you mention addressed this.

I'm not, btw, suggesting anyone who doesn't know what they're doing wade into a situation such as you describe above. But there are other things you can do.
    I'd recommend it. See if you can hunt down a second hand copy. Make sure that Mrs RH reads it too.
    King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      I know what you mean - Maybe, as the Mail article says, it's just that the 80% don't know what to do, their brain goes into a loop, and they either freeze or irrationally go about their normal business.

Even having a vague idea about what you would do in such a situation would help to snap you out of inaction - sounds like the book you mention addressed this.

I'm not, btw, suggesting anyone who doesn't know what they're doing wade into a situation such as you describe above. But there are other things you can do.
      IT'S A SOCIETAL SYNDROME!!! It has happened ad nauseum!

*collapses weeping, we women cry yanno*

Actually the one thing I could cry about is that I used to know the name for the syndrome, it does exist, but for the life of me I can't remember it now.

If anyone can come up with it I promise you my new born, or at least my cat (or at least a pic of her. Which is reward enough, honest, she's a cutie!)

Comment

There is something we can all do without getting punched or knifed - hang around, observe and be witnesses. Not very macho but it all helps.

btw Sundial and I were prob slightly safer wading in than a man would be - we are less likely to get a real kicking. Not guaranteed obviously ...
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          There is something we can all do without getting punched or knifed - hang around, observe and be witnesses. Not very macho but it all helps.

btw Sundial and I were prob slightly safer wading in than a man would be - we are less likely to get a real kicking. Not guaranteed obviously ...
          Oh god, tell me about it - I am a very small blonde and it really surprised me when I got hit at the bus stop that time, albeit a misdirected punch (but really couldn't have stood by and watched this guy hit another. I HAD to jump on top of him, so to speak).

It's different now as I don't stay out late, but I assume my boyf and I would be enough combined force to hold back something! Way to go Zip!

Comment

I think the main reason, if not the only one, they released this information officially is to gloat on the fact that one of the critters was involved at some point with the BNP, to try and discredit it.

The Government are scared witless and aghast at the steady gains the BNP are making (entirely as a result of Labour policies).
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I think the main reason, if not the only one, they released this information officially is to gloat on the fact that one of the critters was involved at some point with the BNP, to try and discredit it.

The Government are scared witless and aghast at the steady gains the BNP are making (entirely as a result of Labour policies).
              I don't think that the BNP was the main emphasis in the reporting, though - they mentioned Nazis but it was obvious enough that the men were right off the bat (/slang)

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                Is it cruel to blast cats with water soakers when they are c**ping all over my garden? Is it a slippery slope to becoming Hannibal Lecter?
                No. Out of kindness you are blasting the vermin with water rather than lead. It is less reliable but kinder. How sweet.

Comment

Interesting.

In the thread about some MP's car getting trashed, the overwhelming response was "violence is ALWAYS bad".

A a thread about a baby being cruelly killed, torturing the killers to death - or at least execution - is the overwhelming response.

So which is it? Violence is always bad or violence is OK when I feel like it?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundial View Post
                    IT'S A SOCIETAL SYNDROME!!! It has happened ad nauseum!

*collapses weeping, we women cry yanno*

Actually the one thing I could cry about is that I used to know the name for the syndrome, it does exist, but for the life of me I can't remember it now.

If anyone can come up with it I promise you my new born, or at least my cat (or at least a pic of her. Which is reward enough, honest, she's a cutie!)
                    In a book I have in my briefcase under my desk there is a lengthy description of it. Along with its origins in a stabbing murder in broad daylight in New York in the 70'?

ShouldI have a quick glance and tell you the name of the syndrome?
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Kitty Genovese Syndrome
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X