• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have I got news for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Let he who is without sin, etc.

Of course the beeb got into a moral panic about it and sacked him at the behest of the tabloids. As many of the BBC execs are regularly coked of their faces (it is alleged) the hypocrisy is monumental.

And, oh yes, Mr Fry is the archetypal New Labour Luvie - even doing Party Political Broadcasts for them at one point. No wonder he's never off our screens.
    Well, he is right up the arse of the Labour party, or is that "He's right up the arse of someone at the Labour party"?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Well, he is right up the arse of the Labour party, or is that "He's right up the arse of someone at the Labour party"?
      ... and, reverting to a previous post by yours truly, was also in V for Vendetta as a government mouthpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
        ... and, reverting to a previous post by yours truly, was also in V for Vendetta as a government mouthpiece.
        How apt!

I used to find him fairly amusing but the unremitting over-exposure to Mr Fry in all mediums has resulting in my loathing him with some enthusiasm.

His particular brand of smug cleverness and 'charming' quirkiness gets on my tits.

I don't care if he drives around in his own private London black cab. He's a git.

Originally posted by Churchill
        His boyfriend is apparently a comedian - but then again there are plenty of those in the Labour party.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

But didn't he end up rebelling against them ?

Comment

He was anti-government in the film. Hoarding banned material, having illegal sexual orientation...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              How apt!

I used to find him fairly amusing but the unremitting over-exposure to Mr Fry in all mediums has resulting in my loathing him with some enthusiasm.

His particular brand of smug cleverness and 'charming' quirkiness gets on my tits.

I don't care if he drives around in his own private London black cab. He's a git.

His boyfriend is apparently a comedian - but then again there are plenty of those in the Labour party.
              I thought that Mr Fry was one of the chaps who'd made such a big play of being celibate?

Comment

I rather like Stephen Fry - particularly the series he made about America.

I am not a Tory though so I suppose it's OK to like him. Now where's Cyberman?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I thought that Mr Fry was one of the chaps who'd made such a big play of being celibate?
                  He did, but more recently (I think it was in an interview with Parky) admitted otherwise, starting in school days.

P.S. I always thought of him as a smug git. Way back when, he and Hugh Laurie seemed to be dominating the airwaves.
                  Last edited by Sysman; 10 August 2009, 12:09.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                  X