• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

STD anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Believe so, but I'm a wreck fiend (the sign of the skull and cross-spanners)

Pearl Harbour perhaps?? I don't think you can dive there
    The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHippy View Post
      Pearl Harbour perhaps?? I don't think you can dive there
      Definitely can't dive there. The Yanks would be machine gunning the water before I'd been under 30 seconds!

Comment

Definitely can't dive there. The Yanks would be machine gunning the water before I'd been under 30 seconds!
        Yes, but they wouldn't hit you if there were any small foreign children around.
        HTH
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Hmmm .. only other place I know of is Zavora Beach, but it's more a marine life type of trip .... just the one wreck
          The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Hmmm .. only other place I know of is Zavora Beach, but it's more a marine life type of trip .... just the one wreck
            Go wrecking, it's much more fun

Comment

Hmmm ... I'm very much a leisurely, recreational, embodiment of a jellyfish kind of diver ..... and not that good to boot ..... can't really see the fun swimming around something full of sharp, pointy bits that's going to stick you ...

Comment

Hmmm ... I'm very much a leisurely, recreational, embodiment of a jellyfish kind of diver ..... and not that good to boot ..... can't really see the fun swimming around something full of sharp, pointy bits that's going to stick you ...
                1. Try not to get stuck on them
                2. Fish love 'em
                3. I've a friend who tiled his bathroom from tiles in the rear hold of MV BREDA

Comment

I've got three wreck sites I want to go to:

- Truuk (trying to get there this autumn)
                  - Bikini (see above - in Micronesia anyway, why not kill two birds with the same stone)
                  - HMS DASHER (D37)

Dasher's a MUCH bigger undertaking; she's in 170m of water (so a very very very very very very very technical dive) and is also a protected site, meaning a dive would have to get permission from CWGC before being even planned
                  How about the SS Richard Montgomery

Not far to travel too, as it's in the Thames estuary, and believe it or not it has been dived:

The wreck site has been surveyed regularly since 1965 to determine the stability of the structure, with the most recent diver survey being completed in 2003.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    How about the SS Richard Montgomery

Not far to travel too, as it's in the Thames estuary, and believe it or not it has been dived:
                    This is the one that's still packed full of unstable explosives?

Not wishing to sound like too much of a scaredy-cat here but I believe that operates under the heading of "sod that" (see my earlier post on lucky white heather )

Comment

... and my earlier post about sharp, pointy things that poke you ....

Comment

Working...
                      X