• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been cheated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucifer is right - I have always won credit card disputes, and the credit card company has always helped.

Having said that, it helps to always print a screenshot of the page where the amount is confirmed with a transaction reference number. Just in case.
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

I agree with Rebecca.

Or alternatively simply cut/paste any on-screen confirmation/reference and stick it in an appropriately named text file in a folder called 'online receipts', which is what I generally do.

Anyway, you're a contractor DP, such small sums are not worth bothering about...

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
        Lucifer is right - I have always won credit card disputes, and the credit card company has always helped.
        Becs has it spot on. The credit card company doesn't give a sh1t about the retailer but it does want to keep your custom. It's not the card issuer who ends up out of pocket, so they care even less. There are some conspiracy theorists who say the real reason card issuers dragged their feet over chip 'n' PIN is because they make so much out of fraud by fining retailers.

They wont ask to see a receipt, but on the off chance they do (if it's a pile of cash, perhaps they might, but this is unusual) just knock one up as suggested.

Comment

Working...
        X