• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

truecall: what a great gadget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I can't see that gadget being sucessfull. What is to stop any of the telecoms providers (e.g. BT, Virgin Media) introducing the same system without the need for a box and even making it free to use?
    How about a patent protection?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Things like this have been out in the US for a long long long time (where peoples phones can ring nearly every day with some cold calling telemarketer/sales) and even there they did not do that well
      Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
      A friend of mine signed up for that (or somthing similar). He ditched it as nobody apart from his Mum could be sed to bother giving a reason for wanting to call him.
      And this is the reason why

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
        A friend of mine signed up for that (or somthing similar). He ditched it as nobody apart from his Mum could be sed to bother giving a reason for wanting to call him.
        Uh-huh. An agent calls with a nice contract. He takes offence at your gatekeeper and hangs up. Result?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Uh-huh. An agent calls with a nice contract. He takes offence at your gatekeeper and hangs up. Result?
          If the agent believes your the person for the job then they arent going to let a minor filtering process stop them from their commission, in my experience they'd sell their grandmother if it meant they could place someone..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Useless Technology

My wife bought an automatic spaghetti cooker once and think its still in the atic complete with instructions , dont even think its e-bayable
            Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Memories of TBEM (Time Before E-Mail):

<yank accent>
              For Sales press 1
              For Technical Support press 2

</yank accent>

My usual response - put the phone down and curse the cost of transatlantic calls.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I don't have a landline myself, but even if this made it to mobiles then I'd be reluctant to use it. Often the most important calls are number withheld.

Legislation would be the best way. I'd support a ban on all anonymous UK calls.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

It seems overly expensive for what ultimately is a simple bit of kit...
                  B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Or that vegetable slicer thing that they advertised on TV umpteen years ago... totally useless, the only vegetables it would slice were precooked...
                    Veg-o-matic or was that button-matic.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Or that vegetable slicer thing that they advertised on TV umpteen years ago... totally useless, the only vegetables it would slice were precooked...

The Very Thing - The Veg-O-Matic...

Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
                      Veg-o-matic or was that button-matic.
                      Veg-o-matic...

My dad bought one for my mum... I think it's still up in the attic...

He was always falling for this type of crap...

And it's now sitting in my shed, still in its mouldering cardboard box.

It'll be joined by the equally useless "microwave pressure cooker" that I purchased from "The Works" the other day.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 29 March 2017, 14:36.

Comment

Working...
                      X