• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am still umming and ahhing about perm and contract offers. HELP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should all consider yourselves trolled

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      when I was 26 I sat down with a pen and paper
      Did they not have computers back then like?
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by joey122 View Post
        If it helps I was on a 60K package with a 10% pension and a 20% bonus at a financial institution and I ve given this up to do contracting at 400 per day.

Yes its a bit more then what you are earning, but a lot less then what others are asking for.

If I was you I would take the contract every time.
        Thanks for your input joey.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          You should all consider yourselves trolled

HTH
          You have an amazing memory!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            Did they not have computers back then like?
            Thats no way to speak to an old sweat. Now come and sit on my knee and we'll talk about the first thing that comes up

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Thats no way to speak to an old sweat. Now come and sit on my knee and we'll talk about the first thing that comes up

There some images I never needed

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                There some images I never needed

The thought of EO being flattened as a pancake by some fat northern lass
                doesn't bear thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Thanks for your input joey.
                  No this is not trolling at all. When I wrote that it was what I was thinking at the time

Now I actually have to sign a contract and make a decision I am not so sure

What's wrong with someone thinking things through thoroughly and asking more experienced people for advice??

Why is every poster accused of sockpuppiting or trolling??

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
                    The thought of EO being flattened as a pancake by some fat northern lass
                    doesn't bear thinking about.
                    oi stop torkin about my bird like that. If it wern't for Sally I wouldnt have know what to get the kids for Christmas last year

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

My recommendation

Graduate: 21
                      Junior Permie: til 23
                      Contractor: til 35
                      Senior Permie: 35+ (and take contracts if you get laid off).

A lot of IT permie roles are, in reality, temporary roles and/or you have to work your nuts off for years before getting promoted. Accept these when the companies are less interested in you i.e. 35+

Take a glance at linkedin for the job title that you're interested in for the location you live in and check out how long most people with that job title stay in their jobs. You'll find out not long, it's hardly a career nowadays, hence recommend contracting until 35. By then you'll have got hacked off being a coding monkey and getting the push every year or so, and will be wanting something more stable and interesting.

If you're 26 then you need to make some money. If you do it for 9 years and live like you were on a permie wage, you should easily be able to stash away half a mill. Then go back to permiedom during the boom period - check old.jobstats.co.uk for cycles. e.g. if you were in your mid-30s now, I'd wait about 18 months and then try to get back in to permiedom, should be easy then.

Comment

Working...
                      X