• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the words of that great philosopher, Homer

"bed goes up, bed goes down, bed goes up, bed goes down......"

Comment

Nah, this rally wont last. To be fair I've been waiting for it to break for over a week though.

I've been day trading a little at work since last year using 20K, including the crash down to 3500 when I ploughed all 20K into Barclays at 60pence. But as I was day trading I sold out at 70pence (DOH!!!!)

I've taken out 16K for the year so far with the first 8K before April(Capital Gains) and the rest after(another 8K tax free). My original 20K still is still invested and is presently sitting at a value of 22k.

Im waiting for the rally to break, to buy in on weakness but it seems unabated!

BTW, if you want to dip your toes in at the moment, defensive stocks, Electricity and Water have dropped in the rally(as they always do), and so are 10% cheaper than they were a few months back, so offer a good 6-7% divvy yield for a safe investor, with a chance of another 5-10% growth for the rest of year.

DYOR

MF
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This reminds me of the year 2000.

When you hear IT geeks discussing their stock market portfolios then it is time to sell.

Comment

Working...
        X