• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The English North South divide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by weemster View Post
    As as southerner, I have got to admit the female geordie accent is very horny !
    Totally agree with you on that one. It's love at first sound for me, every time.

Comment

Originally posted by weemster View Post
      As as southerner, I have got to admit the female geordie accent is very horny !
      Unfortunately they are rough as a badgers arse

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Unfortunately they are rough as a badgers arse
        How do you know a badgers arse is rough?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
          ................the South starts just below Peteborough.................
          Aaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!

I assume you mean Peterborough....... and since 75% of its non-EastEuropean (AsylumSeeking/MigrantWorker) population moved from London (thanks to Roy Kinnear and the P'Boro effect) I think it counts as an honoury London Suberb rather than "oop North".

NB The other 25% is made up of:
          A fairly large italian Population who never went "home" after they opened the camps at the end of the war.
          and of course the in-bred "Swampies" who escaped thier Fen Villages.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            How do you know a badgers arse is rough?
            now that would be telling.... and possibly incriminating!

Comment

One thing that makes me laugh is all the Southerners who have moved to rural France to escape the crime/arrogant gits/high prices/pollution/overcrowding. They could do that by moving out of the South, but they are so ignorant they think the whole of the UK is like their small hellish corner.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                1. Northerners have a big chip on their shoulder/issue with the South.

2. Southerners in general don't really care about the North.

3. People from the South think that the South starts just below Peteborough, and conveniently does or doesn't include London as part of any argument as and when it suits them.

4. Birmingham isn't in the South.

5. The South regularly enjoys sub-tropical climate all year round of 25+ degrees, where as it's always snowing and cold in the North.
                Some corrections made.

On a more serious note, should it be 'South' or 'south'? (Or 'North' or 'north'...?)

Are they proper nouns? What about 'Northerner' versus 'northerner'? (I'm thinking northerner is correct.) Can the CUK grammar police help?!
                Cats are evil.

Comment

All the best rock groups* and sports teams come from north of Watford. Not sure why though???

* a couple of exceptions in the 60s
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                    now that would be telling.... and possibly incriminating!
                    Does it involve a chutney spoon?
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Although the North South divide tends to live on in the minds of some middled aged people who tend to be from the South East. Most of those people seem to hardly venture anywhere and probably hate their neighbours too.
                      As represented by many a Two Ronnies joke - just a mention of an area of London or its suburbs was guaranteed to raise an audience laugh.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X