• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working Dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    And then we step outside the software engineering lecture into the Big Wide World...
    Bollox. The point of asking the questions is cover your arse. We already know the answer and we also know you don't get taught the really useful stuff in software engineering lectures.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Bollox. The point of asking the questions is cover your arse. We already know the answer and we also know you don't get taught the really useful stuff in software engineering lectures.
      So when I ask the architect tomorrow, quietly, if I can get another day to work through the problems his team have created I should really ask him "Has this code been tested, where are the tests" very loudly?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        So when I ask the architect tomorrow, quietly, if I can get another day to work through the problems his team have created I should really ask him "Has this code been tested, where are the tests" very loudly?
        Its worth asking the question about the tests but we all know there won't be any. Maybe they'll start thinking about it?

Ask for extra time, explain that you are uncertain how the front end will treat errors and what will happen if they are not. I wouldn't be loud but I wouldn't be quiet about it either. I appreciate you are in a difficult position with this but you just have to keep pushing back in a non-aggressive way.

And don't get upset about it (like I do)
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
        X