• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tradesman Recommendations Website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    I used one last week called http://www.ratedpeople.com
    WHS. We found our builder on here but it can be hit and miss.

I've found the best source of information is the missus's mates in our village,
    local gossip / word of mouth is 100% reliable round our way.

Comment

Had a leaflet through the door the last week. check a trade .com or something similar.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

www.checkatrade.com

Comment

Originally posted by ee61re View Post
          Uber-memory.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            I used one last week called http://www.ratedpeople.com

The website was very efficient. I needed some garden clearing work done and I got a very quick response via email and SMS and got some quotes the same day. You can check the profiles of the tradesmen and see recommendations from previous customers... all very smooth and reassuring.

Unfortunately, the guy I chose for the job let me down two days running with different, very familiar excuses (mate had phoned in sick... van had been broken in to and he was waiting for police). The job hasn't even been started and I've actually told him not to bother. He may well have been telling the complete truth, but I've heard too many identical excuses in the past. Bit of a low tolerance for it these days. He's got very good reviews on the website though.

Not sure whether to recommend that one or not then, but as I say, the site itself was very good. I don't think it's possible to guarantee the workmen themselves when it comes to it. They all take on as many jobs as they think they can handle, then juggle like mad.
            i've used this before. not too bad a site and i *did* get good work done.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Guild of master craftsmen?
              you buy entry to that organisation, the cowboys love it
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Tradesmen

Has anyone done a joke about "Tradesmans Entrance" yet?

Comment

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/c...ovedsearch.asp
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                  X