• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's quiet in here today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps you have made a mistake - can you return to being an aircraft engineer ? I think that holds better prospects than IT.

IT is now a SunSet Indusrty - been in the industry since 1984 so Ive seen some golden days and waht we have now - fortunately Ism till doing OK - but I think IT is an industry with a great future behind it.

Whatever you do - good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Yep I've been humping and dumping all morning for £12.50 ph, they would have got an Indian in but they couldn't find one that would get out of bed for that rate.

My self esteem has hit rock bottom but at least my house isn't going to be repossessed... yet.
      £12.50 ... you were lucky - I'm delivering white goods for a major household retail chain for the princely sum of £7.50 @ hour. Very hard work and long days, physically demanding but I look at it as been paid to go to the gym and it beats sitting at home in front of the 'puter.

gotta do what you've gotta do to keep afloat in these times!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Yep I've been humping all morning for £12.50 ph
        I hought humping paid more than that?

Comment

Working...
        X