• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acountant raising fees by 18%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk.

Why no andyw option?

Comment

name and shame

Comment

My accountant wrote to me today telling me their fees have risen by 18% and I have to fill out a new direct debit form. What should I do?
        I would post a poll on CUK so a random selection of strangers who don't give a tulip can give you their opinion.

What I definately wouldn't do is call my existing accountant to discuss the price rise or ring round a few of the recommended accountants here and compare service and prices.

HTH

Comment

Is 18% the rate of inflation now? Judging by council tax rises, I thought it was only about 5%.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Is 18% the rate of inflation now? Judging by council tax rises, I thought it was only about 5%.
            It's probably based on water rates.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

How long have their fees been unchanged? If it's been several years then it's understandable, though the timing isn't great.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                It's probably based on water rates.
                I was trying to be clever and predict the news. I could not have been more wrong!

Ofwat calls for lower water bills
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  I was trying to be clever and predict the news. I could not have been more wrong!

Ofwat calls for lower water bills
                  Nahh you were not that wrong, regulator is telling them to reduce rates, most of them want to increase them, Thames water by 17.5%

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    How long have their fees been unchanged? If it's been several years then it's understandable, though the timing isn't great.
                    It's the first time in many the fees have gone up. I think my fees were supposed to go up years ago, and a number of times, but I was missed somehow.

I wouldn't be that bothered, but I've just had to take a rate cut from my client.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X