• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permies can be beyond belief…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also best to avoid Mondays and Fridays as many people travel on those days
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

After 16:00 is out. I like to get in early, and get the job done.

Generally them that likes to organise meetings after 16:00 are them that can't get up in the morning.

I like meetings at 08:00 or 09:00, as the attendees are doers, not talkers.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Possibly a bit over the top, but this is what I did at my last gig when faced with a similar problem.
        First off I marked a radio with my name then hid it in his drawer, reported it missing, then made an anonymous call to security. He got busted for theft.
        That tulipted him up for starters. Then I put two snooker balls in a sock and got behind him in the loo and smashed him on the side of the head.
        As he lay bleeding and writhing on the bog-floor, I screamed in his lug hole, 'who's the fkng permie daddy then'

that learned him

I did that at my last gig too. and last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          I did that at my last gig too. and last week.
          did what ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            After 16:00 is out. I like to get in early, and get the job done.

Generally them that likes to organise meetings after 16:00 are them that can't get up in the morning.

I like meetings at 08:00 or 09:00, as the attendees are doers, not talkers.
            I like late meetings. I start early and finish late to ramp up the hours and get the job done to take time off.
            Late meetings focus the mind. Everybody else wants to go home so they dont interrupt with stupid ideas and discussions. Meetings rarely over run when you start them at 5.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              Whether he's a contractor or a permie doesn't matter.

It's just not the done thing to schedule a meeting during the luncheon period.

If I was the boss and any of my staff pulled that sort of stunt, I'd have words.
              Absolutely.

Wilmslow overlooks the fact that meeetings tend to overrun (especially with him running them I imagine), and by 1pm the pies and chips tend to underrun, and they often stop serving at 1:30pm.

Also, getting to the canteen at 12pm sharp means shorter queues and more tables.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Absolutely.

Wilmslow overlooks the fact that meeetings tend to overrun (especially with him running them I imagine), and by 1pm the pies and chips tend to underrun, and they often stop serving at 1:30pm.

Also, getting to the canteen at 12pm sharp means shorter queues and more tables.
                everyone thinks he is a t0sser.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  did what ?

The radio and the sock thing, just the same, it's the only way.

Comment

How about you ask the no show guy to arrange the next meeting.
                    Then you can all decide if you want to turn up or not.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      The radio and the sock thing, just the same, it's the only way.
                      oh that.

what about the shouty bit down the ear hole, in an intimidating and non-inclusive manner? thats the best bit

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X