• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

True Blood

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    It's on again tonight, presumably a repeat of Friday's. I've set the Sky+ on the basis of Pogle's recommendation of a quality TV show, and not for any other reason.
    If minestrone were about, he and I'd be saying something to the effect of "Aye, right".

Comment

I watched season 1 ep 1 some time ago, and it just didn't do it for me, which is disappointing since loads of people seem t like the show.

Is it worth persevering with?

Comment

So far I really like it, and not just because of all the Anna Paquin extended nude scenes (okay there weren't any).
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          I could have done without the gratuitous sex scenes, but apart from that rather enjoyed it.
          Be prepared for a lot more, currently on season 2 (got to love BitTorrent) and don't think seen a single episode without a "gratuitous sex scene"

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Is it worth persevering with?
          It was a slow starter, picks up about mid way though season 1.

Seen better series, but also seen and followed many that are a lot worse
          So far I really like it, and not just because of all the Anna Paquin extended nude scenes (okay there weren't any).
          You are in for a long wait

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
            Be prepared for a lot more, currently on season 2 (got to love BitTorrent) and don't think seen a single episode without a "gratuitous sex scene"

It was a slow starter, picks up about mid way though season 1.

Seen better series, but also seen and followed many that are a lot worse

You are in for a long wait
            See your comment above about Torrent, surely?

Comment

is it as good as or better than moonlight season 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlight_(TV_series)?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                So, what is the opinion of the assembled (or compiled) congregation so far?

Nice Buffy reference in Friday's episode...
                Still haven't got round to watching any of the episodes I've recorded so far. What do you reckon to it?
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  So, what is the opinion of the assembled (or compiled) congregation so far?

Nice Buffy reference in Friday's episode...
                  Rather enjoying it - we've set the SKY+ to record it whilst we're on holiday. Which at Pogle Acres, is the ultimate accolade
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X