• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pope injures wrist.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    What does the Pope actually do these days?? Apart from entertain Bono and the likes that is.

Does anyone believe all that bible stuff any more??

PZZ
    He pontificates.
    He recently pontificated limbo away. At the stroke of a papal bull, limbo ceased to exist, so now if a baby dies unbaptised, they dont spend eternity in limbo (halfway between heaven and hell) they spend eternity in heaven, albeit seperated from God.

If it wasnt for these Papal bulls, we would never have a clue what God was thinking so hurrah for the pope. I think he sprained his wrist signing off all this bull.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
      What does the Pope actually do these days?? Apart from entertain Bono and the likes that is.

Does anyone believe all that bible stuff any more??

PZZ
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        He pontificates.
        He recently pontificated limbo away. At the stroke of a papal bull, limbo ceased to exist, so now if a baby dies unbaptised, they dont spend eternity in limbo (halfway between heaven and hell) they spend eternity in heaven, albeit seperated from God.

If it wasnt for these Papal bulls, we would never have a clue what God was thinking so hurrah for the pope. I think he sprained his wrist signing off all this bull.

Well limbo was only ever a theological hypothesis anyway, so did not come from 'god' AFAIK.

I wonder how many other USP's of the catholic church will fall over the coming years. Maybe they will bring back the inquisition- 500th year reunion tour??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          I take my views on religion from having been a medic in a "previous life" (is it just me, or does anyone else hate that phrase?)

If someone (a patient as I'd normally think of them) believes or has a faith in religion (e.g., our guinea-pigged one) it's absolutely no-ones business but hers.

On the upside, there is (limited) anecdotal evidence that belief in a religion can act as a placebo in some patients thus reducing post-surgery recovery times: as there's no medical reason for this to work (e.g., nothing distinguishable in treatment) the effect is psychosomatic.

I feel ethically that as a medic I can't drop myself in the brown-stuff - I would never encourage a patient who didn't express their belief to me to take it up: equally, I'd never tell someone my beliefs on it because, if one wishes to have a relationship with a "high-power" then more power to their elbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            I take my views on religion from having been a medic in a "previous life" (is it just me, or does anyone else hate that phrase?)

If someone (a patient as I'd normally think of them) believes or has a faith in religion (e.g., our guinea-pigged one) it's absolutely no-ones business but hers.

On the upside, there is (limited) anecdotal evidence that belief in a religion can act as a placebo in some patients thus reducing post-surgery recovery times: as there's no medical reason for this to work (e.g., nothing distinguishable in treatment) the effect is psychosomatic.

I feel ethically that as a medic I can't drop myself in the brown-stuff - I would never encourage a patient who didn't express their belief to me to take it up: equally, I'd never tell someone my beliefs on it because, if one wishes to have a relationship with a "high-power" then more power to their elbow.
            Absolutely agree - a good example of a practical use for religion.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Maybe he was sinning and God made him slip?
              Sinning? As in self-pollution?

Then he's lucky God only hurt his wrist and didn't snap his banjo string for him.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
              X