• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain could face up to 65,000 swine flu deaths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
    It will only kill those with other underlying health problems,

Not so bad now, is it.
    Being an asthmatic I find this kind of statement quite disturbing.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

How many people have "underlying health conditions" they are not fully aware of?

We'll know soon enough at the autopsies.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Same.

Plus I got two young kids, who're also a risk group and who at the best of times are little walking disease carriers (Thanks to nursery).

Never had as many colds and flu's in my life as I've had in the last three years. I'm a cert to catch it at some point ...

Ahh well, hysteria here we come ... though at this stage I already know four people who've caught it (One kid) and they all seem to be ok ...
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          You seriously telling me this is like normal seasonal flu?
          Yes. 10 years ago, 20-40,000 people died every year from flu in the USA alone.

Confirmed H1N1 Flu deaths in the USA as at 06/07/09 - 170

http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/r2k0107.htm

http://www.cureresearch.com/f/flu/stats.htm
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Autopsies

How many people have "underlying health conditions" they are not fully aware of?

We'll know soon enough at the autopsies.
            Well if the pandemic happens like the media is talkign it up, it looks like they may be throwing the dead into ditches and burning the corpses, think Foot in Mouth with humans instead of cows.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Yes. 10 years ago, 20-40,000 people died every year from flu in the USA alone.

Confirmed H1N1 Flu deaths in the USA as at 06/07/09 - 170

http://www.cdc.gov/od/oc/media/pressrel/r2k0107.htm

http://www.cureresearch.com/f/flu/stats.htm
              We're talking a possible 65,000 in the UK alone and that will be young healthy people included, not 65K coffin dodgers.

Nothing like the same.

PS. It's not even flu season yet, wait till winter.

And to think someone gives you a job that involves thinking.....

Comment

Asthmatic

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                I am an asthmatic too. I am permenently on a steriod inhalor but I run a lot as well, which imporves my symptoms and funnily enough, I tried teetotalling which also improves my symptoms even more. Boring but I have made my choice.

As far as I have heard(If you can believe anything you here), you should be OK, if your asthma is not serious or is "controlled" by inhalors.

Anyway if young healthy children are dying, if you get the "big daddy" I dont really think it will make that much difference.
                There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

We're talking a possible 65,000 in the UK alone and that will be young healthy people included, not 65K coffin dodgers.

Nothing like the same.

Why do you put so much faith in these statistics and not others?

If it was an excuse to tax us you wouldn't believe the stats at all...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Nothing like the same.

I love your cretinous efforts at epidemiological thinking.
                    Makes me larf
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

IMO swine flu still nothing to worry about : unless it mutates.

Now if a spreadable flu like swine were crossed with a deadly one like bird then we could get something like cybercretin predicted.

Comment

Working...
                      X