• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Already been. 2 weeks in Nevada & California. Very nice, drove up Hwy1 from LA to San Fransisco.
    Gorgeous - the Pacific coast highway.

Have you been to San Diego? It's like LA but less mental.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      Gorgeous - the Pacific coast highway.

Have you been to San Diego? It's like LA but less mental.
      My brother has just come back from San Diego, said it was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        First place I ever went to in the US and did a short gig there on the back of some research I'd done previously. It was fab.

Was ChurchillBro there with RN / RAF? Huuuuuuuuuuuuge naval base there and Miramar NAS is pretty close too.

Comment

CyberTory goes on holiday abroad to escape all the foreigners here.

Comment

Already had my first holiday - a whole four-and-a-half days at home, then three days in London for a conference and a web standards pub meetup

Next holiday is a conference in Brighton in early September, then probably another one there in late November; and I may go totally mad and also attend a conference in Amsterdam, earlier in November

After that lot, it'll only be a few weeks until Christmas, which marks the end of the current gig - unless they extend again. If they don't, I'll probably take the whole of January as a holiday

Comment

Italy; Rome for a couple of days, week with friends (families with same age kids) in Tuscany in a private villa (Friend who works in the wine industry is getting mates rates from someone she knows) then a week on our own on ELba Island by the beach.

canny wait, it'll be ****nig magic (Better be, costing us a bomb).
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                It is, very cool city. Like LA without all the ******* ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Fire and Ice tour

The fire and Ice tour

Me and the missus plan to land in California then drive up to Anchorage in Alaska, in a 4 week road-trip. she wants to see the beaches, I want to see the bears

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Ace will be relocating to the sea-front condo for about 6 months to ride out the recession / winter.
                    Please fix everything before I get back.
                    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                      First place I ever went to in the US and did a short gig there on the back of some research I'd done previously. It was fab.

Was ChurchillBro there with RN / RAF? Huuuuuuuuuuuuge naval base there and Miramar NAS is pretty close too.
                      Nope, he was there on holiday. My sister-in-law has family there.

ChurchillBro was in 4 Para for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X