• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another "tax" on it's way for England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for old folks having to sell tier home to fund social care. Where does it say that you should get a place in an OAP home and still get to keep your £300,000 house to hand over to the kids when you snuff it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      I'm all for old folks having to sell tier home to fund social care. Where does it say that you should get a place in an OAP home and still get to keep your £300,000 house to hand over to the kids when you snuff it.
      Why should someone who has clearly worked all their life and saved and invested have to pay for the same treatment and care that is being given free to someone who has spent their entire life on benefits?
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

If there are no incentives to build up wealth then you will end up with a society of scroungers. I am already planning to run down and spend my wealth before the advent of any social care needs for myself. Thus, I have absolutely no further incentive to carry on working at this point, which surely is bad for an economy that relies on people paying taxes.

Comment

The Government should be encouraging people to become self sufficient. It should allow people to opt out of NI and invest their money how ever they see fit. Of course the flip side of this is that you will have to pay when you want to use the doctors.

Then again, encouraging people to look after themselves means that there will be less people paying NI and this Government needs all the coin it can bludgeon out of us!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
            The Government should be encouraging people to become self sufficient. It should allow people to opt out of NI and invest their money how ever they see fit. Of course the flip side of this is that you will have to pay when you want to use the doctors.

Then again, encouraging people to look after themselves means that there will be less people paying NI and this Government needs all the coin it can bludgeon out of us!

Mailman
            That's a simple one: do those who have money pay for themselves and for those who do not have money, or can they just pay for themselves and to hell with the rest? The answer so far in our society is no choice, the first option only, the only discussion is how much and how.

If you like the other choice, I fear you will have to look elsewhere. Where, I wonder?

Comment

Working...
            X