• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maybe heading back to Zurich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm here.

meeting for Oktoberfest sounds great. I'll be bringing along gf chef and possibly one or 2 other IT contractors.

party in my apartment? um I'm thinking "no" seeing as the deposit on it is £3k, however, there is a very comfy spare double sofa bed in the lounge if needed.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      i'm here.

meeting for Oktoberfest sounds great. I'll be bringing along gf chef and possibly one or 2 other IT contractors.

party in my apartment? um I'm thinking "no" seeing as the deposit on it is £3k, however, there is a very comfy spare double sofa bed in the lounge if needed.
      If you are planning to visit Oktoberfest with more than 2 or 3 people then you need to be booking a table (and 2 or 3 is pushing it) certainly for weekends and likely for the rest of it.
      You might get away with it, but better be sure, it would be a shame to miss out.
      I was there at 11:00 on the first saturday this year and ll the tents were full (it doesnt start till 11). Me and my mate came back in the afternoon and managed a bier, but things were still heaving. Mid week is usualy less busy, but you still may struggle to find seats.

If it doesnt clash with the wifes visit I would be up for a Team CUK fest.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        If you are planning to visit Oktoberfest with more than 2 or 3 people then you need to be booking a table (and 2 or 3 is pushing it) certainly for weekends and likely for the rest of it.
        You might get away with it, but better be sure, it would be a shame to miss out.
        I was there at 11:00 on the first saturday this year and ll the tents were full (it doesnt start till 11). Me and my mate came back in the afternoon and managed a bier, but things were still heaving. Mid week is usualy less busy, but you still may struggle to find seats.

If it doesnt clash with the wifes visit I would be up for a Team CUK fest.
        Very Swiss/German plan everything months in advance
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Very Swiss/German plan everything months in advance
          Just advice. Turn up at the fest with more than 5 people and you wont get a drink. You need to be sat at a table to get served (except in the HB pig pen) and that is not easy in any numbers.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            Just advice. Turn up at the fest with more than 5 people and you wont get a drink. You need to be sat at a table to get served (except in the HB pig pen) and that is not easy in any numbers.
            Not you LG, it just reminded me of one of the reasons why I left Zurich in the first place.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Bump.

Just been offered a 2 month extension
              Zurich will have to wait.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
              X