• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"What's your motivation?"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey - some pimps are getting a bit high & mighty.

Comment

The pimp may have been lonely and bored so just wanted a chat.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Or was it Another Dodgy Agent getting his own back?
        You might have hit a raw nerve with the sexuality implication. I copped a bit of abuse for no apparent reason too.

All I can say is, keep up the good work!

Comment

What he really said

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Agent: "You are the most experienced applicant I've had and you're the only one with the specific product knowledge. That's why I think the client would worry you might leave. How do I convince them it's worthwhile interviewing you?"
          The agent possibly meant,

This gig is in the bag for you but my client has some delusions about what motivates contractors so what I need YOU to do is lie to me about how much you want this gig for personal reasons, how much the location suits your lifestyle, or if you can pick somthing out of the spec which you can use to convince my skitty client that you will stay for the duration of the contract.

I dont know you, so I am certainly not going to stick my neck out and lie to the client to get you the gig, when I have 5 other candidates who will adjust their marketing strategy to suit the the role, and will work at a lower rate than you will.

But, fair play to you, I am throwing you a bone, but if you dont want it, then sod off and stop wasting my time.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

and what makes this muppet believe that the others on his list will be any more commited?
            Somebody on a higher rate is unlikely to find a better paying gig.
            Track records and experience are not gained by jumping ship at every opportunity.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              Track records and experience are not gained by jumping ship at every opportunity.
              Which is what the OP should have said, pointing out his CV demonstrates his professional commitment.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

At a guess

Agent has already forwarded allocated number of CVs. Your CV has turned up and you look ideal for the role. Wants to put you off.

Comment

To me this sounds like the agent has 'already' sent his maximum quota of applications for this role and has only noticed you after he has done this.

He was probably just ringing you up to see if you had already been submitted for the role via a different agency and then thrown you a curve ball to discourage you from actually applying for it.

believe me, I know these guys and they 'ways' quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                    To me this sounds like the agent has 'already' sent his maximum quota of applications for this role and has only noticed you after he has done this.

He was probably just ringing you up to see if you had already been submitted for the role via a different agency and then thrown you a curve ball to discourage you from actually applying for it.

believe me, I know these guys and they 'ways' quite well.
                    yep - sounds about right to me

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post

Yeah, that would explain it but, surely, only if he named the company...not clear from the OP.
                      Last edited by EddieNambulous; 13 July 2009, 12:03. Reason: Because it's Monday

Comment

Working...
                      X