• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Advice Please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WageSlave
    Cheers, LB, that looks like the stuff of wet dreams I'll have to check it out.

I've still got a copy of Act of War: Direct Action which I haven't loaded. I'm afraid I'm a real FM geek; would happily waste my entire life pretending to be Jose Mourinho
    Oh yes, it's pretty hardcore stuff. I had to force myself to stop playing it before I ended up a withered corpse slumped in front of my laptop. As to Act of War: Direct Action...

"...this real-time strategy experience puts you squarely in control of counterterrorist forces to defend cities of the world. It's the first look at tomorrow's war. No place is safe!"

Sounds like Chico's idea of a cracking game! Where do I sign up?
    Last edited by Lucifer Box; 3 November 2005, 14:15.

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
      Fuxley ring me once a month trying this scam - normally followed by Aggressive.
      Fuxley are awful. It is funny when they forget they are supposed to be pretending to have a job for you.

"Well Mr Fuxley, can you get me an interview?"

"What for?"

"The contract on Jobserve that I originally phoned up about."

"Oh, er, leave it with me."

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Fuxley are awful
        Once when I told them to ring back in an hour as I was due a telephone interview by a client within 5 mins - they kept ringing back every few minutes to stop the client getting through. Had to tell'em to Fux off

Comment

Don't forget to get an 0871 number to give out to those persistent agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
            Cheers, LB, that looks like the stuff of wet dreams I'll have to check it out.

I've still got a copy of Act of War: Direct Action which I haven't loaded. I'm afraid I'm a real FM geek; would happily waste my entire life pretending to be Jose Mourinho
            Definately fishing. and I should know
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
              Definately fishing. and I should know
              Aye DA

By the way DA curious as to whether in your last job , if you happened to work for Graham Sutherland ?

Please Use this template in your reply

No Alf, perhaps Graham was the manager of another section , in fact I worked for (INSERT YOUR FORMER MANAGERs NAME HERE) you can reach him on (TELEPHONE NUMER OF YOUR FORMER MANAGER HERE).

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                Aye DA

By the way DA curious as to whether in your last job , if you happened to work for Graham Sutherland ?

Please Use this template in your reply

No Alf, perhaps Graham was the manager of another section , in fact I worked for (INSERT YOUR FORMER MANAGERs NAME HERE) you can reach him on (TELEPHONE NUMER OF YOUR FORMER MANAGER HERE).
                I know who he is, but never worked for him. I worked in Europe
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Graham Sutherland

The artist? I thought he was dead.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

This page intenionally left blank
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 3 November 2005, 16:36.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                      I know who he is, but never worked for him. I worked in Europe
                      Aye DA

2Ys UR
                      2Ys uB
                      IC UR
                      2Ys 4 me !

All right then , maybe Im not canny enough to make an Agent .

But I must say I did prefer your Arthur Daley picture, I thought it was quite impressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X