• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At least in England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phoenix
    Then tell us were you are eating in the UK?
    for lunch on a Friday, most pubs round this way, although the Star near the South Coast is v.good. For an evening meal, the Ivy near covent Garden is very nice.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

I would also suggest that many residents of the sceptred Isle have fallen for the propaganda that their own home grown food is rubbish.

It has been said so many times that people actualy believe it.

What people fail to recognise is that there is and always has been a grand tradition in food all over GB.

If you havent tried it then you are doing yourself a disservice and untill you have you should not be commenting on English food, should you!

BTW whoever pointed at the lager drinking masses sort of makes my point.
      The variety and quality of English Ale is superb.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        Ale, perfect, where and when, some of the Ale houses round hear are not to bad....
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Hear Hear old man!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
            Bacalhau is great to eat at other people's houses or portuguese restaurants.
            It stinks when in dry cured form, takes ages to prepare for cooking, and the good recipies can be quite involved.

At home we do cook mediterranean style most of the time. My english wife has taken to it and cooks italian and portuguese, although her english stuff is excellent.

No, it won't be the diet that will kill me, although I should drink less wine
            I have to agree with you there, Pinto. Bacalhau is one thing best left to restaurants. There is a similar delicacy I used to like in Norway, lutefisk - much the same but it stinks even more than bacalhau before you cook it (it's left to cure for two years).

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
              Ah but then you didnt visit the Ultimate Hallucination and possibly made the mistake of eating in Central Brussels .

Schaarbeek is the place to go , I happen to live close to Gard Noord and eveyday I pass those Femmes De Joie which I think you have in mind.

Of course I wouldnt dream of visiting those sultry wenches, well I cant on a Fiver a day now, can I ?

But what about you LG, your strike me as a man of the world , did you ever pop in , and if so .... whats it like ?
              Only ever passed them by Mon Amie. They look a lot better from 50 feet than they do from 5.

You are right, I never got to explore the outskirts of Brussels.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Only ever passed them by Mon Amie. They look a lot better from 50 feet than they do from 5.

You are right, I never got to explore the outskirts of Brussels.
                For some reason, the Femmes De Joie on the afternoon shift are the most attractive , unsure as to why ...oh damn ...

Alfred !!!

Yes Mother ?

Stop this dirty talk and get back to your office job at once

Yes Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                  For some reason, the Femmes De Joie on the afternoon shift are the most attractive , unsure as to why ...oh damn ...
                  B*gger, the only ones I've seen so far are the ones working either early in the morning or late at night...

You don't have any pictures Alf?...you know...to show what I'm missing...

Edit: In case you do get a pay rise above that fiver a day, before you spend your extra dosh you might like to check who's flavour of the month
                  Last edited by Joe Black; 3 November 2005, 19:21.

Comment

Give me Stilton and strong
                    Oh btw, I have been forbidden to use stilton for my gnocchi since Chef Franco prepared his missus Gnocchi with Gorgonzola instead of Stilton.

Franco in "Italy can be a lot of bad things but don't mention the food"
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Anyone tried lavabread?
                      I tried to exfoliate with it. It seemed pretty good at that.

Comment

Working...
                      X