• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest university application figures show 9.7% rise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Good grief, you really are an argumentative cretin aren't you? I saw it on Wayne's World. That is where I take it from.

If your life is really so pathetic that you have to nit-pick on where people pick up sayings from, then I truly feal sorry for you (and I have kindly put a spelling mistake in that sentence for you to salivate over. Enjoy)
    it was you who brought it up, not me. I merely point out that anyone who has a good grasp of English doesnt usually bother using .not.
    And you dont think we should have so many English graduates.
    Its you who is the opinionated one.
    now you dont have to, but if you want, you can fck off
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      I don't think the solution lies in going in to an arts vs science slanging match.

Both sides are valuable. If you want plastic, ask a chemist whereas if you want an accurate history of the 20th centuary, ask a historian (an historian? - discuss). The problem seems to be that university is an expectation not a goal and so standards inevitably suffer as more people are let in.
      WSS+1.

I do believe that Ms Z may have hit the nail on the head

Comment

In 1987 I got 4 As and an E (chemistry ... the one I needed an A in) at A-level in a bid to get into medical school but that was achieved through the application of zero social life for two years and becoming an introverted wee bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Even the so-called bright lad only got an A and 2 Bs...
          you got an A , back then ?

<bows down>

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            In 1987 I got 4 As and an E (chemistry ... the one I needed an A in) at A-level in a bid to get into medical school but that was achieved through the application of zero social life for two years and becoming an introverted wee bugger.
            So whats changed then !!

sorry - couldn't resist XXX
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              So whats changed then !!

sorry - couldn't resist XXX
              Nothing, hence the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Me?

No.

I wasn't the bright lad... I got a B and a C... mostly due to complete lack of motivation.

I hated A levels... the Physics teacher was a borderline psycho who hated teaching & had been doing it since 1932... he retired the next year & dropped dead 6 months later.

Which is a sort of lesson, but I'm not quite sure of what.
                I was the brainy one in my family. I got 6 BSL's (Bootle Schools Leavers).
                I cant believe they made me do BSL's - and that I was proud

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                X