• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dozer View Post
    id be interested to know exactly what ponting was supposed to have done wrong apart from not taking the last wicket? wtf was the physio and the 12th man doing on the field? and please please stfu about 2005.
    His choice of bowler for a start!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

wtf was the physio and the 12th man doing on the field?
      Sledging, hopefully.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Well done Monty and Anderson for rescuing England's batting order.
        They were brilliant weren't they? Such character, skill and bravery. Really showed those aussies. Give them both a knighthood I say.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          They were brilliant weren't they? Such character, skill and bravery. Really showed those aussies. Give them both a knighthood I say.
          No need to be sarky about it. The tail enders did a good job; just a shame that the established batsmen didn't.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            Morons like you who scream racism at the drop of a hat are a pain in the neck.
            Methinks he doth protest too much.
            Nuff said.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

What are peoples' thoughts on the England selection for Thursday?

I reckon Broad and Panesar will be make way for Harmison and Onions, and I would like to see Cook replaced with Stephen Moore...though I suspect the batting lineup won't be changed.

I think England will still struggle though...
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

the fact that england need so many changes and australia are going in unchanged speak volumes. the psychological scars of just scraping a draw will also play heavy on england in the next test. the captain being a 4th choice and being outplayed will also feature.

Comment

the fact that england need so many changes and australia are going in unchanged speak volumes. the psychological scars of just scraping a draw will also play heavy on england in the next test. the captain being a 4th choice and being outplayed will also feature.
                  You won't know what team the Aussies are playing until the morning of the test.

I'd say the scars of failing to knock over either of Englands crappest batsmen in nearly 12 overs would bear heaviest on Ponting's mind.

I think the crap-ness of England's attack was more to blame than the brilliance of the Aussie batting for the 600+ in the first innings. That needs to be addressed.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

2nd Test - here we go

England: AJ Strauss (captain), AN Cook, RS Bopara, KP Pietersen, PD
                    Collingwood, MJ Prior (wkt), A Flintoff, SCJ Broad, GP Swann, JM Anderson, G Onions.

Australia: RT Ponting (captain), PJ Hughes, SM Katich, MJ Clarke, MEK Hussey, MJ North, BJ Haddin (wkt), MG Johnson, PM Siddle, NM Hauritz, BW Hilfenhaus.

Ponting lost the toss. England to bat first.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

they would have wheeled flintoff out if they had to, they may still have to...

Comment

Working...
                      X