• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Not really, you can say what you like about Monty. He's bowled tulipe all day.

If we don't see a wicket this session then I'd be inclined to agree with the Soupy Aussie.
    Good value watching him bat though! He reminds me of Tuffers...though he has yet to walk out to the middle without a bat!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
      ...and you love winding people up, don't you?

Comment

600+, declaration at the back of 5 please.

Let the English openers come in for the last hour and see them crap their pants.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Let the English openers come in for the last hour and see them crap their pants.
          Sounds about right.
          Weather might take this one out though so an early declare and skittle England if they want a win.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Latest odds

England to win 8/1
            Australia to win 21/10
            Draw 8/15

Seems good odds on an England win? A few quick wickets this morning and it's a one innings flip of a coin match. Might have some of this.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Seeing as we're asking for things, 7 wickets before lunch please.

Katich "There's still a lot of hard work to be done".

That's the thing about these Aussies, they're HARD, but FAIR.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

SKY are saying tomorrow looks buggered with the weather, think this is going to be a draw.

Now that they are both on their centuries I expect them to up the run rate after the first few overs, think it will be a decent morning of cricket. Just wish Gilchrist was still in the team.

Comment

SKY are saying tomorrow looks buggered with the weather, think this is going to be a draw.

Now that they are both on their centuries I expect them to up the run rate after the first few overs, think it will be a decent morning of cricket. Just wish Gilchrist was still in the team.
                  With the weather report as it is the Aussies are in the driving seat. They can have a proper go at spanking it all over the place. If they get a big enough score they can declare and use the remaining time to get England out. If they end up on the receiving end they can then use the second innings to settle for a draw.

If I were the Aussie captain I would tell the boys to have a lash.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    If I were the Aussie captain I would tell the boys to have a lash.
                    The Aussie captain is in the middle, so he can do it himself when he's ready...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

YES

Comment

Working...
                      X