• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'm planning three more years of competitive rugby before I stop; will I become a decrepit old man afterwards?
    what do you mean afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      Interestingly, despite being <40, I'm beginning to pick up a little sciatica.

Something of a concern bending down to put my shoes on in the morning to have pain like someone's shot me
      What did you do in the army?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Put his shoes on more easily by the sounds of it
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I'm planning three more years of competitive rugby before I stop; will I become a decrepit old man afterwards?
          Nope - you'll just find that you'll watch the odd game, and when you do you'll start every sentence with "in my day....."
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I was a CMT (medico-type).

Comment

I've had a lot of back pain since a bad slip and fall at my gym a year ago. One of the best things I did was to invest in a Vulcan Back Support. I wear it while playing squash which otherwise I would certainly not be able to play, and also if doing any major lifting. I am actually wearing it now after a reaction from a game last night, and it takes away all of the pain. No need for drugs!!

Take it from me, resting too much is bad for the back, but over-exertion is also bad without using a support. I find that if I use the paddle machines in the gym it improves my back no end, and I use them for an hour, three or four times a week without a support.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                I was a CMT (medico-type).
                Lots of physical hard work or not?

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  Nope - you'll just find that you'll watch the odd game, and when you do you'll start every sentence with "in my day....."
                  I have sworn an oath that I shall not become one of those know-it-all old geezers who stands on the side of the pitch moaning about every tactical decision or dropped ball; people who know better should coach or get involved in the club in some other useful way.

Comment

Lots of physical hard work or not?
                    A fair bit*, why'd you ask?

* obviously not as much as an infanteer or similar however.

Comment

I have sworn an oath that I shall not become one of those know-it-all old geezers who stands on the side of the pitch moaning about every tactical decision or dropped ball; people who know better should coach or get involved in the club in some other useful way.
                      I think it's kind of a legal thing...once you give up a game you have to take the p*** out of people still playing it, and say how much better the game was in your day. It's in the rules.

There will come a day when you find yourself doing it. Trust me.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                      X