• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Yes. Good way to get a name too. Magazines are always looking for that kind of material.

Good luck with it. Beats this boring IT crap.
    Thanks, will keep all posted, if we are all still here in a decade.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I was planning on a food Plan D this summer but I got a gig.

Make up a chilli sauce recipie, then upscale production to do enough for about 400 small bottles which I would get bottled.

Make up a trendy brand logo, web site for ordering, labels. 90% of this stuff sells by brand and not by taste

Give most of them away as free smaples and I could call in a few favours in the press and get the stuff mentioned which would be the key.

I knew the people that took Arran Mustard from a kitchen startup to a multi million turnover company. really it would just be a bit of a laugh though and I would have enough sauce to do my chicken wings for a decade if it failed(which it probably would)

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I was planning on a food Plan D this summer but I got a gig.

Make up a chilli sauce recipie, then upscale production to do enough for about 400 small bottles which I would get bottled.

Make up a trendy brand logo, web site for ordering, labels. 90% of this stuff sells by brand and not by taste

Give most of them away as free smaples and I could call in a few favours in the press and get the stuff mentioned which would be the key.

I knew the people that took Arran Mustard from a kitchen startup to a multi million turnover company. really it would just be a bit of a laugh though and I would have enough sauce to do my chicken wings for a decade if it failed(which it probably would)
        Sing along "Reggae Reggae Sauce"
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
          Sing along "Reggae Reggae Sauce"
          Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

However, it doesn't matter that it's been done before.

Get the brand and marketing right and people will fall over themselves to buy it.

The most successful and long-lasting brands are food products.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

There are thousands of established brands in the sauce market and there are massive markups to be made as people will pay 2.50 for 200ml of something that is just a blend up of 10 resonably cheap ingredients. If you can get a small write up in a food magazine with the web address people and it looks tip top people will develop brand loyalty before they have even tasted it.

Comment

Working...
            X