• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasons to be cheerful

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sun is shining and I can see Switzerland across the lake.

My line manager just told me he has work for me for the next 18 months (current gig ends end of Aug) as long as he can get a signature for costs.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I'm owed a tax rebate. WOOT!
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Just sold the first 5 licenses for my plan B

Comment

I am working.

My Blood Pressure is normal.

My wife is still happy after 1 year of marriage (on Saturday)

I am going to Provence for a weeks holiday in 3 weeks.

My golf handicap is down to 16 (from 26 at the start of the year).
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

It'll all soon be over, one way or the other...
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I've just resolved a critical field issue and clientco are over the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                Just sold the first 5 licenses for my plan B
                Discount TV license salesman?
                You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                  It'll all soon be over, one way or the other...
                  Don't do it man, think of the children...

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                    Don't do it man, think of the children...
                    Heh, more along the lines of all things end in time... Even "Coronation Street" will one day be no more. As for the children - one reason I didn't have any was I never felt I was in a stable job, even when I was young enough to get permie roles. Probably the only life-choice I made correctly, seeing how irregular the work's been over the last 7 years or so.
                    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                      Heh, more along the lines of all things end in time... Even "Coronation Street" will one day be no more. As for the children - one reason I didn't have any was I never felt I was in a stable job, even when I was young enough to get permie roles. Probably the only life-choice I made correctly, seeing how irregular the work's been over the last 7 years or so.
                      Well my partner is due to have our first baby on Christmas day, although that wasn't how we planned it. It's certainly made me do lots more planning and projection with regard to available funds (am in contract until December).

Comment

Working...
                      X