• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So where is the campaign to move our accounts away from Lloyds?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    This battle was lost years ago; as the article says, its “standard industry practice” now. The time to fight was back around 2003. Back then, all complaints were dismissed as being racist or delusional. It is far too late to fight back now; move on. Remember who shafted you because I have found the old saying ‘What goes around....’ is true.
    Sadly that is true, every financial I have worked for ( 5 or 6 ) has had an onshore indian team and the numbers have been growing to such an extent that in my last place they were expecting to get rid of all UK based contractors. I heard that quite a big organisation in my town is dropping their contract rates to 165 a day I really do fear for the industry and honestly do believe that contract wages will be on a par with perm wages in 5-10 years.

Comment

The Tories would seem to be historically more amenable to the "foreign worker" argument so if a big enough fuss is made, the dubious practice of "on-shoring" could be targeted when they get to power.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Don't blame the messenger.
        You forget that I was/am in IT too, so I suppose the laughing smilie was aimed at me too?
        You weren't relaying a message, you were passing comment.

You're either as thick as sh!t or really are a malicious twat.

Either way you're not funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          You weren't relaying a message, you were passing comment.

You're either as thick as sh!t or really are a malicious twat.

Either way you're not funny.
          Or perhaps you need to lighten up?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Could anyone truly say that they had not seen this coming??
            Its been going on for 10 years or more.
            Its the market we all work in and we should know whats going on in our own patch- right??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              It is now, has been for many years.

We tried back in 2003. It failed.
              Ah - thanks for the enlightenment - back in '03 I was too busy being a permie outside of the banking industry to have noticed anything.

Still regardless of the this the Union have attempted to make a (meek) statement that has attracted no support whatsover in contrast to the refinery workers.

I think sasguru is right - one battle lost does not mean the war has been lost and the time is ripe now for political and legal change IMHO.

In the meantime if they are all at it there is no point moving my finances!
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                Ah - thanks for the enlightenment - back in '03 I was too busy being a permie outside of the banking industry to have noticed anything.

Still regardless of the this the Union have attempted to make a (meek) statement that has attracted no support whatsover in contrast to the refinery workers.

I think sasguru is right - one battle lost does not mean the war has been lost and the time is ripe now for political and legal change IMHO.

In the meantime if they are all at it there is no point moving my finances!
                I shouldn't have said battle - I ment war.

There is no way that it could ever be found to be illegal. If it is illegal now it would have been illegal before. The compensation payments for the loss of earnings would run into many billions.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Hmm... difficult one to call. One the one hand - Churchy is being a little intense - but then again, you are a twat. So it's 50/50 for me.

Comment

It's never you that's in the wrong, is it?

Personally I find nothing remotely humorous about saying someone deserves to lose their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      It's never you that's in the wrong, is it?

Personally I find nothing remotely humorous about saying someone deserves to lose their jobs.
                      Would you agree that if you don't fight against what's wrong, you deserve what's coming to you?
                      You may not like it put in such blunt terms (and in retrospect the smilie was wrong), but the fact remains I am right about this.
                      Until the IT industry learns to make its case effectively when blatant bending of the rules occurs, jobs will be lost, and are being lost.

That is the point I was trying to make.

Now, would you like to suggest what we can do about it?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X