• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rejecting a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done that man, as several of us pointed out your negotiating position was strong and from the sounds of it you used the position correctly. I'm pleased for you

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      Oh yes! That is basically what I wanted all along. Had I have had this for this month, my after tax amount would have been 6k rather than the 4.5k it is at the moment. So effectively that's my expenses covered.
      Congratulations, but it is obvious you need to reduce your exposure to the exchange rate. The Swiss National Bank have been intervening recently to keep the price of the Swiss Franc down, so at the very least you should keep your eyes on the press - www.swissinfo.ch is reasonably good at reporting these things.

Have you considered sharing an apartment to cut the accommodation costs? Not everyone's cup of tea of course.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Congratulations, but it is obvious you need to reduce your exposure to the exchange rate. The Swiss National Bank have been intervening recently to keep the price of the Swiss Franc down, so at the very least you should keep your eyes on the press - www.swissinfo.ch is reasonably good at reporting these things.

Have you considered sharing an apartment to cut the accommodation costs? Not everyone's cup of tea of course.
        As was pointed out earlier, the problem was the initail rate was too low and with what the agent said regarding the cost of living out here I was on a loser from the off. I started the contract in the hope that the pound would fall - unfortunately my rate was set when it was almost at the bottom. This extra should give me a bit of a buffer. Although the accomodation out here is not great for what you pay for, it's made better knowing that I'm banking cash!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
        X