• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Modern medicine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    . I am going to take a wild guess and say that you never got the exam results to get into medical school.

Does seem to be some sour grapes there.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      So because you don't like the fact that doctors earn decent money you want change the system in the UK to model a communist dictatorship where people will jump on a inflated tractor inner tube as soon as the wind starts blowing in the direction of the USA. I am going to take a wild guess and say that you never got the exam results to get into medical school.
      Not too wild a guess in my case: took five A levels - got 4 As (maths, further maths, physics, biology) and the one subject I needed an A in (chemistry) I got an E

Anyway - if I'd gotten all five I wouldn't be a contractor ...

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
        There's no money in the cure!

When was the last time scientists found a cure for anything? Nowadays they find a drug to help with medication....that where the money is
        Just recently in the news, two men who had inoperable prostate cancer are now cancer free, because of a new, experimental drug, with the catchy name "MDX-ZERO-ONE-ZERO".
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Just recently in the news, two men who had inoperable prostate cancer are now cancer free, because of a new, experimental drug, with the catchy name "MDX-ZERO-ONE-ZERO".
          Indeed, and the doctor on hand last week cured Michael Jackson of that nasty oxygen habit he'd developed!

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            Not too wild a guess in my case: took five A levels - got 4 As (maths, further maths, physics, biology) and the one subject I needed an A in (chemistry) I got an E

Anyway - if I'd gotten all five I wouldn't be a contractor ...
            gf scraped into medical with 4As and a B.

Comment

I have a solution for TimberWolf. Don't visit a doctor ever. If you're ill treat yourself. Hope you have a good epitaph ready.

Perhaps "Here lies Timberwolf. He diied young because he was a bit of a plonker"

HTH
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                Indeed, and the doctor on hand last week cured Michael Jackson of that nasty oxygen habit he'd developed!
                People seem to be jumping to an incredible amount of conclusions based on nothing more than pure speculation and hearsay.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  People seem to be jumping to an incredible amount of conclusions based on nothing more than pure speculation and hearsay.
                  - just another day at CUK then....
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    After all isn’t it a fact that the healthiest people are those that never see a doctor?
                    Are you sure about the implied cause and effect here? Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      Being a doctor is probably a cushier number than being a bus driver. After all, the worse and hardest jobs also tend to be the lowest paid in Western economies. How do they get people to be doctors in Cuba, rather than them going for a cushy number like a bus driver? Perhaps doctors there aren't in it for the money?
                      Congratulations, one of the dumbest statement I have ever read on this forum from someone who clearly knows absolutely zip about what being a doctor actually involves.

If you were to direct your criticism to the pharmaceutical industry then I would agree with you since I think they have a lot to answer for (not necessarily in the MJ case though). And there is definitely an issue in the US because of the way their health "service" is in cahoots with insurance companies - but comments like that make you look just as silly as the muppet who calls himself "pzz".
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                      X