• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where were you the moment that you heard Michael Jackson was dead?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    TV and radio will be crap for weeks.
    Just wait until Cliff Richard dies.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Just wait until Cliff Richard dies.
      It's never going to happen.

Comment

Tiger tiger, Newcastle.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

I was sitting at my desk at client site reading CUK, having just had my coffee and croissant, and thinking about perhaps doing some work.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My wife had tickets to see him in London. The ****er - I knew he'd pull some stunt to get out of doing a show.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Although I've been up for a while (not all benchies take long lie-ins) I've yet to turn on the radio. I fear there's a 80% chance a MJ record will be playing when I do turn it on (bloody Radio 3!). I never bought his records, but have to admit, at his best, he was brilliant. RIP Michael.

One of the Joys of benchtime was getting out of ones bed at the hour of ones choosing - sadly its been work work for me the past year or so .

No rest for the wicked.

I think JP Satre said that the ultimate freedom was being able to choose what time one got out of bed - and I agree with that - especially in the those dark winter morning !

Poor old MJ - God rest his troubled soul.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I was sitting at my desk at client site reading CUK, having just had my coffee and croissant, and thinking about perhaps doing some work.
                WHS
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I was asleep and only just found out now. I must say that I could care less. And I'll carry on with my day as normal.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    My wife had tickets to see him in London. The ****er - I knew he'd pull some stunt to get out of doing a show.
                    I'll pay the full cover price if they stick his body on stage to be eaten by vermin.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      I'll pay the full cover price if they stick his body on stage to be eaten by vermin.
                      Plastic-Decomposing Bacteria
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X